Thread: Trying to get my sons onto springers.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Gary.

I was just trying to be honest on the phone about the AR10, as you say I might have a duff one.

However when you see it in Feb 1st, you'll know what I mean, then if you like you can borrow it for aslong as you want.

I've done a Picture with some pointers >>HERE<<

When we used the AR10 I would cock & load it for my son as it was quite difficult for him especially with the opening breach.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Hi Gary.

I was just trying to be honest on the phone about the AR10, as you say I might have a duff one.

However when you see it in Feb 1st, you'll know what I mean, then if you like you can borrow it for aslong as you want.

I've done a Picture with some pointers >>HERE<<

When we used the AR10 I would cock & load it for my son as it was quite difficult for him especially with the opening breach.

Regards

Paddy.

Yo Pad cheers mate . Had some good input from other members. Looks like one of the smaller Weihrauchs sounds just the ticket. Will take scopes, have excellent Teutonic build quality, safety catches etc. The weight is not excessive and the prices new are reasonable. My son Adam being 11 liked the military look to the AR10 but as I was at pains to explain to him theres more to a decent air rifle than the looks. But he's looking foreward to trying your example buddy and really chuffed at your offer of a cammo paint job , cheers buddy.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

Quote Originally Posted by Grayling View Post
    Yo Pad cheers mate . Had some good input from other members. Looks like one of the smaller Weihrauchs sounds just the ticket. Will take scopes, have excellent Teutonic build quality, safety catches etc. The weight is not excessive and the prices new are reasonable. My son Adam being 11 liked the military look to the AR10 but as I was at pains to explain to him theres more to a decent air rifle than the looks. But he's looking foreward to trying your example buddy and really chuffed at your offer of a cammo paint job , cheers buddy.
    Gary you're welcome mate.

My offer still stands, whatever airgun you get your lad & if he wants it camo. I'll do it.

I know what you mean about looks goes along way, if you do get him a traditional style air-rifle & he likes the military looks Show >>THIS<< or >>THIS<<
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Gary you're welcome mate.

My offer still stands, whatever airgun you get your lad & if he wants it camo. I'll do it.

I know what you mean about looks goes along way, if you do get him a traditional style air-rifle & he likes the military looks Show >>THIS<< or >>THIS<<

I've already shown him all your paintjobs that you have links to mate, funny thing is those two were amongst his favourites .
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

Wow Pad.E what sort of moderator is that on the second cammo'd rifle, looks like some centre fire mods.

atvb

Bobs
    HW 100KT .22 Hawke Varmint II 4-16x44WEI
    HW 97K .22 Nikko Stirling Nighteater 6-24x44 HRA
    HW97K HW100K____________________________UCH ______AAS200 Ginb No.9

Quote Originally Posted by Grayling View Post
    I've already shown him all your paintjobs that you have links to mate, funny thing is those two were amongst his favourites .
    Well I can do either for him, then

Quote Originally Posted by treboR View Post
    Wow Pad.E what sort of moderator is that on the second cammo'd rifle, looks like some centre fire mods.

atvb

Bobs
    Hi Bob.

It is actually a nylon cylinder that I got from my old work place. I bored it out to it could fit the barrel. So it would 'look' like a centre fie mod

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

CHUM FROM BRUM

So Grayling, Pad's your "Chum from Brum"?

Does that mean he's our "Brum Chum"

Soz bud' I had to lower the tone, you know what I'm like

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

My vote would also be for the HW 30s, (as previously suggested by BBS member Andrew Richards), with the Rekord trigger, weighs 6lbs, produces 7ft/lbs and feels like a tuned gun out of the box has very little recoil and subsequently is extremely accurate. My son is 10 and when he could be bothered to shoot can load it himself and hits knock down targets at 30 yards.

I shoot it occasionaly and it always impresses. From memory you can special order them from your local HW dealer just takes two or three weeks at least it did last time I bought one.

Regards
    Steve
    Walther LGV, HW97k, HW95k, FWB Sport 124 & HW 45 all in .177