Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webley Stock.

Webley Stock.

The club has come into possession of a Webley Hawk (Mark 1 ?) stock after it was donated to the club.
    Now, while I know this is against the BBS rules (sorry mods) Im sure you will forgive me if I state its to benefit our clubs adopted charity.

I will send this stock, which is not split, to the first (or any ) BBS member who shows an interest in it for a donation to our charity (plus postage).

Stock 1

Stock 2

Inletting

Forend

Failing any interest it will be 'donated' to our pot bellied stove come winter!

ATB
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 23-05-2007 at 09:10 AM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Failing any interest it will be 'donated' to our pot bellied stove come winter!

Hardly an appropriate comment in the venerable Collectables Section. I think Americans call this sort of thing 'conduct unbefitting'.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post

Hardly an appropriate comment in the venerable Collectables Section. I think Americans call this sort of thing 'conduct unbefitting'.

Therefore its up to the 'BBS Massive' to put their hands in their collective pockets and save this masterpiece of British wood engineering heritage from the inferno.

Contribution or combustion.

ATB
    Ian

That's blackmail

Hi Ian,
    I have no use for the above stock,so I am therefor reluctant to take you up on the offer,prefering to leave it sombody more needy.But as I am a charitable man I will donate to your adopted charity,if you can PM me with the information resulting in the purchase of a reasonably priced pre-war breakaction,in a reasonable condition..
    TIM
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows...

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi all, does anyone know if this will fit a Hawk MkII? If it will I'll start the bidding @ £10 posted ... .

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by mylof1tz View Post
    That's blackmail
    Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Hi all, does anyone know if this will fit a Hawk MkII? If it will I'll start the bidding @ £10 posted ... .
    Still standing by my bid for Ian's worthy cause as above here however, but can anyone advise me if it will fit my MkII please? I Kind of think it will as my first Hawk MkII being an early one had a stock very similar to this (as in Garvin's picture thread on page three I seem to remember), but would like confirmation from anyone who may know though, although as it is for charity will take it anyway if my bid wins . ATB Guys: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Still standing by my bid for Ian's worthy cause as above here however, but can anyone advise me if it will fit my MkII please?
    Don`t think so ..... wasn`t the action longer on the MKII?

Quote Originally Posted by Carter59 View Post
    Don`t think so ..... wasn`t the action longer on the MKII?
    Yes I thought so too but my old one was defo like this one? Or did my early Hawk MkII just have the same butt pad? The £10 is for I.J.'s charity however, so even if I just end up putting it in the loft with God alone knows what else (), unless someone offers more than my tenner, I'll let you know when I've got it . ATB: Gareth W-B.

, .unless someone offers more than my tenner .....ATB: Gareth W-B.
    Or, you could always threaten to burn it and play on the compassion of the BBS collectors.

ATB
    Ian

Or, you could always threaten to burn it and play on the compassion of the BBS collectors.

ATB
    Ian
    Or worse, threaten to drill fresh screw holes in it and cut a deeper trench out of the wood so it'll fit an SMK B-2 action .

Or worse, threaten to drill fresh screw holes in it and cut a deeper trench out of the wood so it'll fit an SMK B-2 action .
    Ooooh! Great thinking there.

ATB
    Ian

Hawk Stock

hi guys is the HAWK STOCK still for sale has i gave my MK1 to my
    son and he has broken the stock ?

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    hi guys is the HAWK STOCK still for sale has i gave my MK1 to my
    son and he has broken the stock ?
    Hi lonewolf, well according to the rules as laid down by I.J. (our Ian) as below, as I've said in post #8 I'll take it regardless etc ...

I will send this stock, which is not split, to the first (or any ) BBS member who shows an interest in it for a donation to our charity (plus postage).
    Hmmmm. Strictly speaking it should go to me, but as its for charity and if you have it it'll help get a good old collectable up and running again, better my bid of a tenner posted by a sensible amount (say you up the bid to £15 posted), and I will step back to ensure it goes to you (although Ian will have the final say me thinks ). ATB all, and have a good Bank Holiday weekend: Gareth W-B.