Thread: Springer Tuning Projects.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    done a HW 95, 97, 80 in the past , fairly straight forward ..but best fun was with a cometa fenix 400s.. main spring , guide , top hat , delrin washers , polish and trigger fettle .. it shot as well as a venom lazaglide I used to own .. was really impressed.

At the mo my son in law as a Remington Tyrant break barrel ( made in china ). shoots kinds ok but with work could be good..
    I cant identify what brand /make the rifle is , as its just a rebadge. Think tuning kit etc would really improve it , but which one???
    Any one got any ideas

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by darren m View Post
    done a HW 95, 97, 80 in the past , fairly straight forward ..but best fun was with a cometa fenix 400s.. main spring , guide , top hat , delrin washers , polish and trigger fettle .. it shot as well as a venom lazaglide I used to own .. was really impressed.

At the mo my son in law as a Remington Tyrant break barrel ( made in china ). shoots kinds ok but with work could be good..
    I cant identify what brand /make the rifle is , as its just a rebadge. Think tuning kit etc would really improve it , but which one???
    Any one got any ideas
    Kits for the Diana 31/34 fit.
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Embarking on a rejuvenation of my Dad’s old BSA Mercury. The aim is to convert it into my wife’s gun into a 10th anniversary gift. She doesn’t shoot much but mentioned off hand that perhaps she should have a gun of her own. She’s not tall so my full size rifles to too big.

I’ve just cleaned up the piston and stock taken the parts I have and I’m eager to get going on it. Needs quite a bit of work.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Kits for the Diana 31/34 fit.
    cool - do you do that kit mate ??.

TB - just to clarify

The Remington tyrant as a plastic end cap on back of action and but a manual safety in front of the trigger , its not like the Remington express , or hammerli 800.
    cheap little gun but handles really well and dead pointable

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by darren m View Post
    cool - do you do that kit mate ??.

TB - just to clarify

The Remington tyrant as a plastic end cap on back of action and but a manual safety in front of the trigger , its not like the Remington express , or hammerli 800.
    cheap little gun but handles really well and dead pointable
    The best thing would be open it and send a pic of the interaction between the guide and trigger block just to be sure.
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Project

Next one for me...A webley Stingray MK1 in .25 cal. Mach 1.5

The Tyrant is a BAM B19.
    However, there are differences with the rear block depending on what model is used. SMK XS19's use a stepped block. The Crosman types use a just a single thickness metal block. The retaining pin hole won't line up properly if trying to swap between makes. Tuning kits have to be for the right version, otherwise they won't fit.

Hw 77

I bought a really nice Mk2 HW77 .177 full length at the bash from a well known gentleman on here.
    It had been moth balled since purchase and shot well at the bash with quite a soft feel.
    I knew it was gummed up as the safety would not set.
    when I got home I stripped it, cleaned the piston and chamber, de-burred the cocking slot.
    I had a spare spring and guide from another .22 HW77 that I have. The replacement guide fits the spring nice and snug. It has a shamfered metal baseplate hole that the delron guide fits into.
    I ground and polished the washer on both faces and decided to do the same with the back block just in case it might give a little more rotation on firing. Fitted a spring guide made from a can of St Austell Tribute Ale so we were both nicely lubricated. Ground and polished spring ends a smear of moly. Put back together, chronoed and yes just shy of 13 ft lbs. So strip, cut off two coils and finished ends also removed a preload washer and now around 11 - 11.2.
    I am really pleased with the accuracy and feel of it. It is quicker now with no twang.
    Club meeting tomorrow so it will have good airing!

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnlandies View Post
    The Tyrant is a BAM B19.
    However, there are differences with the rear block depending on what model is used. SMK XS19's use a stepped block. The Crosman types use a just a single thickness metal block. The retaining pin hole won't line up properly if trying to swap between makes. Tuning kits have to be for the right version, otherwise they won't fit.
    interesting - thank you , I had a fiddle with the gun a little , re zero'd the cheap scope , trigger adjusts a little though basic and zero'd it in my garden using AA's rather than the pointed things he was given with kit and managed 3/4inch at 22yds . so thinks its got potential ..

also looking at one of these cheap Webley VMX carbine rifles with the quantum silencer fitted .. now I know they are not Webley and guess Hatsan ,as they look action wise like the 900x or striker or at least the safety at the rear is the same ..

the reason thinking of one is because its cheap pure and simple , but I also like the look synthetic / carbine/big moderator etc..

SO - as anyone made a drop in kit for one of these , or self tuned one

thanks