Thread: best pump up rifle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I ll just throw this into the mix, but John Bowkett made a few stunning single and multiple pump rifles and pistols.....one I now own along with a Genesis (3 times the weight)and a Daystate Sportsman mk 2......but the one I regret was a Laiser 12 I was offered way back and I declined

Quote Originally Posted by AC all day View Post
    I ll just throw this into the mix, but John Bowkett made a few stunning single and multiple pump rifles and pistols.....one I now own along with a Genesis (3 times the weight)and a Daystate Sportsman mk 2......but the one I regret was a Laiser 12 I was offered way back and I declined
    Never heard of Laiser 12, who made that ?
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    Never heard of Laiser 12, who made that ?

Information supplied by JB. The Laiser 12 was made by a chap named John Brown. He bought a compound lever 12 ft/lbs single stroke from JB. John Brown made his version of that but it didnt work so he approached JB with another design asking for help and advice. The result was the Laiser 12 on which he paid JB a licence fee for each rifle sold. That was 6 in all before John Brown stopped due to ill health. One of his customers for the Laiser 12 was a certain Graham Bluck. Say no more

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    Information supplied by JB. The Laiser 12 was made by a chap named John Brown. He bought a compound lever 12 ft/lbs single stroke from JB. John Brown made his version of that but it didnt work so he approached JB with another design asking for help and advice. The result was the Laiser 12 on which he paid JB a licence fee for each rifle sold. That was 6 in all before John Brown stopped due to ill health. One of his customers for the Laiser 12 was a certain Graham Bluck. Say no more
    Thanks for that, interesting reading
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177