Thread: Walther Century Or LGV?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    Good grief. It was dismantled by an RFD who effects repairs on springers PCPs and firearms and has more years experience with firearms than I have seen birthdays and had not given me duff advice in the period I knew him.
    He showed be the bits and explained why he thought the design had led to so much damage. What he said at the time seemed perfectly reasonable but to be frank....I hate spring guns when they are working correctly and I wasnt really interested in WHY. I was interested in getting this crappy rifle shooting again.
    An experienced RFD and repairer saw the parts and felt there was a design flaw. If people think otherwise then I am totally cool with that.
    BUT this gun was out of operation for MONTHS because the parts could not be sourced.
    A 2nd RFD and experienced gun smith also saw the components and made similar noises unprompted by me and also tried to source the parts.
    One bit eventually turned up but the owner decided to fit a non OM part to get his gun back as 2 x RFDs not to mention my efforts were unable to get the internal bits required.
    SO....based on the engineering comments of two professional people AND the total lack of customer support from the maker and their supply chain....I think the Century is shit. That may now be different iro supply of parts....it damned well should be but it was a really crap experience and I speak as I find.
    The fact the gun got damaged on a partially open but not closed barrel was an accident as ..... like many walks of life...accidents happen. The gun was being handled safely and was not in a dangerous condition however...continual questions from the owner led to an error of not closing the barrel just prior to discharge. It happens. It wont be the first and sure as hell wont be the last.
    Does that make it clear as to why my opinion of the Century is not rose coloured spectacles and majestucs herds of wilderbeest sweeping across the plains....����������
    Thought it was your gun you were talking about ? thats what you told us at the beginning now you keep saying "the owner " as if it was someone else that had / broke the gun ??
    was it something you Experienced or Heard about ( we get a lot of that here Lately ) none of what you wrote makes any sense to me to be honest ( Did you dream it all )
    or did the wilderbeasts trample over it cos they were blinded by the Rose tinted Glasses

Sorry in advance ! but its just such a fantastic story
    Last edited by mallyally; 01-01-2018 at 06:06 PM.