Thread: New Tikka TX1 17hmr mini review.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Did you get it as the Bunny-buster kit, as detailed here in Oz's road test? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFcwkEM7pig

They seem to pay less and get ALL that useful stuff - decent scope, rings, bipod, bolt handle biggerator and sling, for about the same price as we pay to get a 'spiffy' Tikka cardboard box with a rifle in it....

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    Did you get it as the Bunny-buster kit, as detailed here in Oz's road test? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFcwkEM7pig

They seem to pay less and get ALL that useful stuff - decent scope, rings, bipod, bolt handle biggerator and sling, for about the same price as we pay to get a 'spiffy' Tikka cardboard box with a rifle in it....
    Lol, just the rifle in a nice box

I like the idea of the tx1 as in you can swap all the parts ie stocks in different ones

just to add to the original post

I have a Tikka HMR
    I found the trigger extremely heavy, after reading about the adjustment on the net where it said it could not be adjusted right down and needing to change the spring I adjusted it all the way, that was way to light for me so adjusted it back a bit, it now breaks nicely ,
    I did swab out the barrel before shooting, the trigger was to heavy at the start to get any meaningful zero, I was using up a box of winchester to set up, I then went straight onto V-Max to set zero, shot 40 off of those, following day had one successful shot at vermin, this was with a dirty cold barrel, so it held zero, proven by the 29 at targets, took the mod off today could not believe the crud on the crown, so gave the barrel a swab out and put some patches through it until they came out clean, took it out for a few shots it is still holding zero. impressed that the barrel is not cleaning sensitive, OK not scrubbed it yet, but probably won't
    after a 140 shots I really like the very smooth positive bolt action, the fact you cannot work the bolt with the safety on and something I never considered before buying but appreciate now is the easy loading hassle free magazine and the bullet feed from the mag
    Len