Thread: HW 75 why such low power?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I may be wrong but I think I read that the hw45 was first designed by Beeman as the p1. Weihrauch chose to put in a spring as it was pneumatic to start and so was born the HW45 as we know it. If you want power go for the HW45, if you want to do 10m target the 75 is fine. There is now the 45 star versions too with spring and target grip.

Edtwozeronine is offline I say dear boy, would you mind awfully doing as you're told?
    My HW75 is putting out 2.5 ft/lbs but if I want to repeatedly hit a paper target reliably - it can't be beat!

I have an Alecto too, which due to it's optional power is more fun for plinking, but watch the flip out for those ricochets!
    ***Proud Member of Castleton Air Rifle Club***

Hi,
    It’s because it’s a single stroke pneumatic.
    They always have a lower power but are virtually recoiless so can be extremely accurate.
    To get up to 4ftlbs in a SSP you need a very large swept volume like a FWB100, Walther LPM1 or a Baikal MP46. These are target pistols though and very different beasts to the HW75.

Matt.
    Last edited by ptdunk; 05-02-2019 at 04:13 PM.

HW 75's

Quote Originally Posted by GRAZY View Post
    I may be wrong but I think I read that the hw45 was first designed by Beeman as the p1. Weihrauch chose to put in a spring as it was pneumatic to start and so was born the HW45 as we know it. If you want power go for the HW45, if you want to do 10m target the 75 is fine. There is now the 45 star versions too with spring and target grip.
    Beeman is not a manufacturer. They rebrand and distribute. HW {Weirauch manufactures the HW 45 and others.
    My HW 75's get 420 and 450 fps. respectively.
    You could try shimming the breech seal slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Markmelesky View Post
    Beeman is not a manufacturer. They rebrand and distribute. HW {Weirauch manufactures the HW 45 and others.
    My HW 75's get 420 and 450 fps. respectively.
    You could try shimming the breech seal slightly.
    Oooooops....I'm thinking HW70 ! sorry. My 75 is about 410 fps. also. Plenty for plinking.