Thread: Fuming At Air-Arms - Wot No QA????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Yes, apparently there is.

I'd like a LH action in a RH stock - because I mostly like to load with my left hand, with my cock in my right.

Yep, a lefty in a righty would suit me
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Yep, a lefty in a nighty would suit me
    Exactly...

I run a full length l/h action in a very nice early r/h walnut stock. I let in a piece of walnut on the right side of the stock where the r/h loading port was, which looks much neater.
    The other advantage with a l/h action is you don't see the ugly bear trap notches on the comp tube
    Right hand actions in right hand stocks is all wrong

As a lefty shooter, I prefer the right action in left stock. I use aftermarket stocks for 3 of my guns and 1 has a lefty beech stock with the notch for the right handed action cut out. I wouldn't cut up a walnut stock, so I by custom made. I have 1 full lefty and it is a joy to shoot and load. I'm right handed, so I cock with the right and load with the left on the lefty gun. Very efficient. I also shoot full right handed guns and have no problem. Some seem to have trouble with the top edge of the wrong sided stock, but I don't even notice.

I agree I’ve got a righty action in a lefty walnut stock,works really well for me,I load a 77/97 from the right side as well,just seems easier

Quote Originally Posted by FPoole View Post
    As a lefty shooter, I prefer the right action in left stock. I use aftermarket stocks for 3 of my guns and 1 has a lefty beech stock with the notch for the right handed action cut out. I wouldn't cut up a walnut stock, so I by custom made. I have 1 full lefty and it is a joy to shoot and load. I'm right handed, so I cock with the right and load with the left on the lefty gun. Very efficient. I also shoot full right handed guns and have no problem. Some seem to have trouble with the top edge of the wrong sided stock, but I don't even notice.
    Well,I would be laughing all the way to the bank,the left hander is worth £100 more,move the stock on and buy a right hander!!!