Thread: stainless/blue steel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Anyone on this thread give me an idea what I should be paying for a stainless ROA, £400 seems to be the going rate.

How about Hodgdons 777.Not as corrosive or messy as bp or pyrodex,no licence needed or storage facilities.no fortune on nitro conversion.
    I havent used it but Mcavoys Gunshop told me of it,I told a friend and he started using it,havent seen him for a while but advised still using it.
    I had a ROA but it seemed too clumsy.But there's little option as Pietta quality when I did m/l was dreadful.I got the idea Westlakes Taurus was pushing 4 figures £ ...

Quote Originally Posted by craig9mm View Post
    How about Hodgdons 777.Not as corrosive or messy as bp or pyrodex,no licence needed or storage facilities.no fortune on nitro conversion.
    I havent used it but Mcavoys Gunshop told me of it,I told a friend and he started using it,havent seen him for a while but advised still using it.
    I had a ROA but it seemed too clumsy.But there's little option as Pietta quality when I did m/l was dreadful.I got the idea Westlakes Taurus was pushing 4 figures £ ...
    Clumsy .....clumsy HOW VERY DARE YOU !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lasbrisas View Post
    Anyone on this thread give me an idea what I should be paying for a stainless ROA, £400 seems to be the going rate.
    You just missed this one at Andys @£350 http://www.tfsa.co.uk/45%20old%20army.JPG and yes, about £400 ish seems to be the rate for a clean BP one - earlier seem to be a little cheaper

ok it was very nice but a big mother.I used to pretend I was "Frank".But when winter came and I started spilling powder dropping primers and had purple fingers I realized I was Percy!

I got the idea Westlakes Taurus was pushing 4 figures £ ...
    It is over the 4 figures, but this is to supply a LBR, chop the barrel, and replace the cylinder.
    Not just to replace the cylinder as on the ROA.

My ROA and Westlake Taurus

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...3/MKDL2111.jpg

Ive always fancied the westlake converted Taurus but the price has always put me off. I have had a go of one at the club, we have a chap that has just about everything going

Thumbs up 777

nothing wrong with Triple 777 I use in two pistols and Sharps 45-70 very easy to clean