Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holy NutShot Batman!!!

I...

Quote Originally Posted by alltest400 View Post
    yes they are really good. i had 2, sold them both one for £60 and the other for £50 a few years back. all you hear is the action.
    ...have no doubt they're good and lovingly crafted but the action is all you hear on my Tweaky10 albeit there's a distinct boing of hammer spring resonance but it doesn't seem to spook the bunnies (thankfully)

In comparison I also have an AWT FAC spec mod on my SBSD Rapid and there you don't even hear the action

The T10 has an HW mod which cost £25 off here, the AWT cost £70 new (it was a while ago ).

The price mentioned above is just silly
    Pardon?

nope i have not used one, and for that cost i wont be any time soon

im not knocking the nutshot, it is one of the most highly regarded silencers money can buy, but, i strongly doubt it can silence my rifles any more than the hw and huggett mods i have at the moment, all you can hear is the action as it is.

i dont think the bunnies could tell the difference any more than me
    HW100 .177, GINB FT#7, Viper 10x44, Rowan Stripper / Milbro Huggett
    Rapid MK2 .177, Mamba Lite 3-12x44, Weihrauch Mod, Pulsar Challenger GS 1x20, N1000AP -
    http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/x..._173646-1.jpg/

kevG is offline Longest unaltered member...
    nutshot p!sses all over the huggert and its cheaper from new,the reason why they can fetch crazy money is because they are hard to get hold of 2nd hand.huggerts are common a bit like dog turds.nick put his heart and soul into these and not for the money.i would never buy from fleabay any way most things are way over priced.
    kevG

some quite interesting opinions there kev, common? dog turd? pi**es all over? with there price tag they're anything but common and id say a lot more durable and infinitely more appealing to the eye than the nutshot, they're also just as effective if not more so than the hw mod which is held in high regard by the majority of people, id agree the huggett is overpriced when compared to the hw mod considering the near identical performance, i also very much doubt the nutshot pi**es all over the rather effective huggett, it may be "quieter" but it cant be by a huge amount as there is little to no noise that escapes the huggett or hw, as stated earlier all you hear is the action with both the huggett and hw mods, this of course is just my opinion but i do feel its a valid and justified opinion

atb
    HW100 .177, GINB FT#7, Viper 10x44, Rowan Stripper / Milbro Huggett
    Rapid MK2 .177, Mamba Lite 3-12x44, Weihrauch Mod, Pulsar Challenger GS 1x20, N1000AP -
    http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/x..._173646-1.jpg/

You've just got to ask, how quiet do I need it to be? The pellet impact is louder than most modderated guns.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    You've just got to ask, how quiet do I need it to be? The pellet impact is louder than most modderated guns.
    Spot on Max ,its the pellet impact that frightens off the other rabbits
    i use a variety of silencers , hw, , hogun decimeter, hugget they all work well
    and do the job.
    regds brian,

kevG is offline Longest unaltered member...
    I agree fully regarding over the top noise reduction.some of the silencers are way to big in my opinion.i would rarther find the happy medium and trade a little noise for a shorter gun.
    KevG