Thread: Rws 45

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    Bought a .177 34 years ago new from mag after reading review in agw by rod lynton I think? Used h&n sillohette with great success hunting, never messed with for the 25 years of ownership and it still produced near 12fpe. Stupidly sold it along with everything else due to circumstances, one big regret.
    They don't come up for sale all that often but you should be able to pick one up for a trip down memory lane that should be very satisfying.
    The Silhouettes will be more difficult to come by. Why did they discontinue these I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    They don't come up for sale all that often but you should be able to pick one up for a trip down memory lane that should be very satisfying.
    The Silhouettes will be more difficult to come by. Why did they discontinue these I wonder?
    Yes they do come up from time to time and its worth keeping an eye open so you can don your rose tinted specs n travel down memory lane!
    I'm not sure if there is a modern day silhouette pellet? I doubt its quite the same profile and weight though. You would think that if the dies/ moulds or whatever were well made then they could still be made or copied. I recall them being heavy but as I shot the manly calibre back in those days I had no call for them.

I own a .22 rws 45 great springer strong reliable and accurate cant fault the one I have.

Dave.