Hi

Putting in bluntly - no.

Let me put this into context. I know there will be an army of ardent CO2 supporters on in a minute saying 'well the world record was held with a co2 pistol for x amount of years...' which may be true...true that is until PCP took over.

I have attended a few (!) competitions over the past few years and I will tell you how many co2 pistols I have seen being used - two. The main reason for this - cost and convenience - it is a pain in the bum coming off the range to change your co2 half way through a match, there being no objective method of checking how much 'air' you have in the capsule. I played around with a tau 7 a few months ago - lovely gun, deadly accurate but your only getting 60-70 shots out of the capsule - 60 shot match + sighters, your pushing the limits already.

If you are in the market for a pistol, then you have two choices - wait until something comes up or bite the bullet and get something half decent - by half decent I am not talking about the Rohms - trust me, I am not a big fan and I have my reasons.

Surrey guns have two fas604's for sale - they will do very nicely for a beginner, and in the right hands will shoot perfectly well.

Lee