Thread: Frame of mind

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    Hi Alan,

Folks better than me could (I'm sure) write books about the psychological side of pistol shooting.

But some traditionally use a picture of the 'Elipson' sight picture to get their head into the right mode.

In the old days, you'd keep a picture in your wallet or shooting box, and look at it while preparing or waiting to shoot. Nowadays you could have the picture on your phone!

Trying to block out unwanted thoughts while you're actually on aim is (I suppose) a different matter, and perhaps, the better you're technique is 'trained-in', the more space there might be for distracting thoughts to creep in, like *I wonder what we're having for supper* ...

What I do while aiming, if everything seems good, is try to concentrate on one technical element... the thing I choose is *slack arse* (no sniggering at the back), and hopefully the trigger breaks, scoring a ten, while I'm considering my how unclenched my buttocks are... I said no bloody sniggering...
    A good opportunity to practice with your "slack arse" technique at home would be to join the new MPL postal series - why wait until you go to the club?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    A good opportunity to practice with your "slack arse" technique at home would be to join the new MPL postal series - why wait until you go to the club?
    Hi Bob,
    Thanks. You're right, I should look at re-joining the league.
    I'll have to check if my MPL pistol still works!
    Hope you're feeling better.

ATB - Phil