I have learned to sort my own Springers out with good success.

I used to be a panel beater many moons ago, so I am quite happy to take some things apart. All of my rifles are Weihrauchs, Walthers, Air Arms and Dianas. I have found those easy to sort out and I am happy to sort out my friends rifles that have those makes, as I know how to confidently work on them.
The other thing is that Springers I have worked on are so much more straightforward to work on than PCP's.

I did put a Huma regulator in my R10 which sorted the problem out that I had. Unfortunately due to working on it, it must have upset some seals as it then had a small air leak. There was no way I was going to try to fix that and sent it away to the people that know how. When I saw how many seals were in it, I was glad I did as I knew I would not confidently be able to do it.
The people I get annoyed with are the types that just take it apart for the sake of it, then it's all ballsed up. There is a bloke at our range who does that, he thinks he does a great job, but the rifles are never the same again.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. If it is broke then make sure you know what your doing, or give it to someone who does, not the twatt at our range though.

Ade