Thread: Peckham should be sacked petition link

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    He is a guy standing up for what he believes in and taking action through appropriate channels to see it through.
    Whilst it may not be the end result many of our forum members wanted how can we condone calling for him to be sacked?? As for the viscous, childish bile some choose to put on the internet and the pointless petition; well done for feeding the antis with ammunition to suggest some members of the shooting fraternity should not be allowed near children's scissors let alone airguns!! For any non-shooters who come across this please note these idiots represent a very small minority in our sport.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

E-petitions are pointless and usually poorly written, the scary thing is people who bother to sign them actually think its making a difference. Far better to write to your MP
    Do nothing, achieve nothing

Won't be signing it,
    I think he's a cock but he's got the same right to his view as I have to mine,

even though his is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    He is a guy standing up for what he believes in and taking action through appropriate channels to see it through.
    Whilst it may not be the end result many of our forum members wanted how can we condone calling for him to be sacked?? As for the viscous, childish bile some choose to put on the internet and the pointless petition; well done for feeding the antis with ammunition to suggest some members of the shooting fraternity should not be allowed near children's scissors let alone airguns!! For any non-shooters who come across this please note these idiots represent a very small minority in our sport.
    All very good points, Sir. I might add that it appears that all Packham has done is to draw attention to the possibility that Natural England (a Government Agency) may have been acting contrary to UK law on GLs. If that is the case, it is hardly his fault that NE are now reviewing said GLs to ensure they are compliant with legislation. Surely, no responsible shooter would want to inadvertently break UK laws through failure of a Government Agency to apply it properly?