Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Latest re: Steyr LP50

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    Yes, which ones aren't exempt.

Semi and cartridge.

Aren't exempt.

Section 5.

If you want it from the horses mouth, contact the Home Office, or read their statement on STB where they say Semi Auto Airguns are Section 5.
    They are not exempt because they ARE FIREARMS....not airguns, because they DO NOT fit the conditions of being an airgun...

As before, you said it mister....

Quote Originally Posted by Cocksure View Post
    If I rob a bank with a cucumber in a plastic bag that I say is a gun,I would be prosecuted under the firearms laws...does this make a normal cucumber a firearm, no. It becomes a firearm when used as one, outside of the normal description of a cucumber.....same with exempt airguns, they remain exempt until they are used in such a way as to be deemed a firearm, ie in the commission of a crime, over powered...etc..etc.

Until then it's just an airgun and is exempt from laws applied to firearms.
    It's a bit like being an idiot

No one know's you're an idiot until you open your mouth or post on a forum

It is nothing to do with what they use. End of.
    Yes Rob, you do agree with exactly what I just said, and having it confirmed by you makes me happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
    It's a bit like being an idiot

No one know's you're an idiot until you open your mouth or post on a forum
    There you go then, the last recourse for a loosing argument...personal abuse...

Nice post.

If I rob a bank with a cucumber in a plastic bag that I say is a gun,I would be prosecuted under the firearms laws...does this make a normal cucumber a firearm, no. It becomes a firearm when used as one, outside of the normal description of a cucumber.....same with exempt airguns, they remain exempt until they are used in such a way as to be deemed a firearm, ie in the commission of a crime, over powered...etc..etc.

Until then it's just an airgun and is exempt from laws applied to firearms.
    The act is not saying your cucumber is a firearm. The act isn't saying an airgun is a firearm. But as you so very well point out, if they are used against the act, the act prosecutes you as such. Possession of a semi auto is an offence under section 5.

So well done for perfectly illustrating the point, the act describes the offenses, it doesn't matter what you call it, if it fits the description in the act, it's covered by the act, and it's an offense. As such, all airguns, are covered by the firearms act because they are describes as such. Some are considered exempt from some offenses because they fit certain descriptions, some don't and aren't exempt. Semi autos and cartridge.

Very simple. Trying to run around looking for other ways to skin it doesn't change a thing, and you can batter away on your phone and it won't change it either.

You can even say it's not, doesn't change it the fact that they are. Your opinion is worth nothing. Using letters up on the internet doesn't change the Home Office's stance, and doesn't stop the Police acting. No one said "Stop, don't seize them, Cocksure says they're not covered, he's on the internet you know, he can type things, he must be right"...

When having a card saying "Cocksure says so" actually means something, people might start printing out what you say and using that. But despite repeating what you say over and over, it doesn't mean a thing, and it doesn't change a thing either. In fact all it does do is convince more people that your opinion is irrelevant. Which is quite a trick to pull on the internet where there's pretty much an audience for pretty much anything.

Yes Rob, you do agree with exactly what I just said, and having it confirmed by you makes me happy!
    You're delusional if you think I'm agreeing with you that Semi auto's airguns are exempt. If you re-arrange the letters in my posts I'm sure you can make up all sorts of words which change what I say to suit your opinion. Doesn't change fact. Semi auto airguns are Section 5.

They are not exempt because they ARE FIREARMS....not airguns, because they DO NOT fit the conditions of being an airgun...

As before, you said it mister....
    No.

It actually uses the words air rifle, air gun or air pistol in the section 5 act.

Section 5 Clause af

any air rifle, air gun or air pistol which uses, or is designed or adapted for use with, a self-contained gas cartridge system

You're delusional if you think I'm agreeing with you that Semi auto's airguns are exempt. If you re-arrange the letters in my posts I'm sure you can make up all sorts of words which change what I say to suit your opinion. Doesn't change fact. Semi auto airguns are Section 5.
    Semi auto airguns ARE FIREARMS NOT AIRGUNS....
    Be courtious enough to bother reading what I wrote rather than making assumptions...

I had no idea that having a debate on the internet meant I wanted people to take my argument as a defence in law....I won't argue with you again. ( especially when you're wrong! ) oh and you Bri.....tit.

Just read your edit...yes they do say airgun etc, but you fully understand my point now.If it don't fit the terms of an airgun it no longer is one. Ta.

Semi auto airguns ARE FIREARMS NOT AIRGUNS....
    Be courtious enough to bother reading what I wrote rather than making assumptions...

I had no idea that having a debate on the internet meant I wanted people to take my argument as a defence in law....I won't argue with you again. ( especially when you're wrong! ) oh and you Bri.....tit.

Just read your edit...yes they do say airgun etc, but you fully understand my point now.If it don't fit the terms of an airgun it no longer is one. Ta.
    Its not an edit. It's a direct quote from the Act. You have read the act haven't you?

I did read what you wrote. That wasn't your original point of debate. Your point was they were exempt because they were airguns. They're not exempt. Doesn't matter what they are or are not, what you think it makes them or what it doesn't. They're not exempt.

There's a difference between opinion, qualified opinion and fact. You state that fact is wrong, when it clearly isn't. If that actually had any traction as fact it could be called upon. But it doesn't. It's not even qualfied opinion. That's why the Cocksure defence wouldn't be used. Because it isn't one. Because it's not fact.

Changing what you say because you're stuck doesn't change it, changing your point doesn't either, trying to camoflague it with another argument doesn't either. Saying something is wrong when it isn't doesn't either.

Semi auto airguns are Section 5. The thing called an LP50 is considered as such. That's why they've been seized.

Try not to get upset about it. (Unless you've got a s5 airgun).

RobF. No point trying to reply. He will just make up more wild replies. Like an ex member on here did to cause mayhem. He could even be him

Its not an edit. It's a direct quote from the Act. You have read the act haven't you?

I did read what you wrote. That wasn't your original point of debate. Your point was they were exempt because they were airguns. They're not exempt. Doesn't matter what they are or are not, what you think it makes them or what it doesn't. They're not exempt.

There's a difference between opinion, qualified opinion and fact. You state that fact is wrong, when it clearly isn't. If that actually had any traction as fact it could be called upon. But it doesn't. It's not even qualfied opinion. That's why the Cocksure defence wouldn't be used. Because it isn't one. Because it's not fact.

Changing what you say because you're stuck doesn't change it, changing your point doesn't either, trying to camoflague it with another argument doesn't either. Saying something is wrong when it isn't doesn't either.

H

Semi auto airguns are Section 5. The thing called an LP50 is considered as such. That's why they've been seized.

Try not to get upset about it. (Unless you've got a s5 airgun).
    You're over powered airgun needs a firearm cert because it becomes a firearm when it no longer fits tge description of an airgun.....it's a simple enough point.
    It's called debate, people have opinions and most normal people do not consider their
    opinions as an order to act.....you know full well what my point is.
    And get upset? About some time passing tattle on a web site....no mate, you won't f ind me calling people names 'cause they disagree with me, the law or god. I only start with the name calling in retaliation......you tit.
    Last edited by Cocksure; 26-04-2017 at 11:34 AM.

No.

It actually uses the words air rifle, air gun or air pistol in the section 5 act.
    Could that be because an airgun in the eyes of this act is a smoothbore barrel?

NB: “Air gun” in law means an air weapon with a smoothbore barrel

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    RobF. No point trying to reply. He will just make up more wild replies. Like an ex member on here did to cause mayhem. He could even be him
    Wrong, people know who I am.....for sure.

Right, I am now an ex member...what a bunch of big girls blouses.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Wrong, people know who I am.....for sure.

Right, I am now an ex member...what a bunch of big girls blouses.
    Ronnie Pickering ??
    Master Debater

What then happens to those people who already HAVE such a pistol, or, like me, its predecessor?

tac