Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
When you say testing were you referring mainly to the accuracy or power outputs (or both), Mike?

From my limited amount of comparison testing at the indoor range for accuracy, most of the JSB derived pellets seemed to display no advantage over FTTs and 'Domes. Maybe this will change at longer range. You sorta keep saying to yourself that the JSB derived stuff ought to be better than most others, as they're the most popular pellets in the outdoor target disciplines. But the widely varying accuracy performance between different batches can sometimes do your head in.

In my .177 TX HC, the AAFs definitely feed into the breech nicer and give more power.

I also think maybe that the easier loading with break barrels somewhat disguise some of the "tight fit" issues sometimes, especially if using a large scope with a sliding breech gun, and even more so in .177. I've not used my TX for a while. But at the last Bash a .177 TX that I tried was a proper bas---d to load. Properly doing my head in, it was.
I found the accuracy to be good with both but on the underlevers mainly the power was well down on the FTT's