Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
As a sales thread cannot be marked as live or closed, it would be good if the OP could edit their first post to say if the item (and even more so) itemS have been sold

Some threads - especially if its a clearance of many items, can run to quite a few posts you have to scrawl through before you discover it has been sold

Also, for some reason, OPs scrub the price in the sale. This is not helpful as other people may be looking to either sell or indeed buy and the ability to look back at what items have sold at historically benefits the seller and the purchaser.

I don't know if the forum infrastructure allows it, but some BBS can be set so it can colour code items that are for sale and change the colour if the ltem is sold.
This still requires the OP to action but if it can be done, it helps the potential buyer greatly??

Thanks Steyr
Hi Steyr.

Admin try not to get too involved in the sales section unless asked to do so, or we see an obvious problem, we basically leave it for vendors to police their own threads.

Most of the points you raise can be addressed by the vendor editing their first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
I agree with both of the above, being able to close a thread would also help as with no more posts available it would die naturaly and also be "padlocked" with an icon.

James

Hi James.

I for one would rather not have members having the ability to close their own threads, I've seen this system on other forums and I find not being able to add information on a subject as the thread is closed a bit frustrating.

The sales section works well enough without major change so let's not mess with it.

All the best Mick