Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where is the sales section?!

The Sales section is a bit mysterious, like Brigadoon but more heavily armed...

Its between the Knitting section and Readers wives.

On my screen anyway....
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Reader's wives?

BRB...

Reader's wives? think i must be on the wrong site

There's a sales section? I've been here for 1253 posts (1254 with this) and I've never seen it. Can't find anything in the FAQ either!

Gareth
    Try everything in life except incest & morris dancing - Guy Warrack (1900-86). Ah well, that just leaves incest...

Quote Originally Posted by Galopede View Post
    There's a sales section? I've been here for 1253 posts (1254 with this) and I've never seen it. Can't find anything in the FAQ either!

Gareth
    There's a FAQ?

Thumbs up There's a sales section

oooooooooh ? might have to have a look at that. I feel bankruptcy looming

Hmmmm I am also awaiting for approval into the glorious area known only to outsiders as..the sales area.

One day!!

Adding a tiny bit of sense to an amusing thread, do not forget to look in the Collectables section (so says a collector culling his collection).
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

Hi Ash wecome you have just found out what bunch of piss takers they are on here

I am in a similar position. A novice, no gun, able to read about other, but not able to actually purchase (on this site) the equipment to get started!

So the obvious answer is to litter threads with trivial comments to get the post numbers up?

Quote Originally Posted by D_H_P View Post
    I am in a similar position. A novice, no gun, able to read about other, but not able to actually purchase (on this site) the equipment to get started!

So the obvious answer is to litter threads with trivial comments to get the post numbers up?
    Or you could think outside the box and introduce yourself, answer any replies your introduction gets, maybe add a post to a thread that interests you, ask for opinions on what you might think of buying, there are many ways to achieve the post count required.

The choice is only limited by your imagination.

This is a successful policy that has reduced spam, allows us to filter some of the returning fraudsters, and makes life easier for the Admin team while imposing a minimum burden on those who wish to participate.

Please feel free to participate and enjoy the resources avilable.

I can count to potato.

Delta1 - apologies if that came across as provocative, it was not intended to be, but it is an issue that make this forum a little less useful for a newbie than some of the others.

I have actually done the introduction thing.

I do fully appreciate the purpose of the restriction - although some other forum stop new members selling, they do not limit them buying.

I do use the search facilities on the various forum, and most of my questions have already been answered. And very useful it has proved.

I will ask questions when I want to, and provide answer if I am qualified to do so.

Likewise, I hope my reaction did not appear harsh.

We have many visitors, some make a dash for sales, some contribute and teach us.

It its sometimes really easy to judge wrongly.

Hope you enjoy your stay here, and its a mutually beneficial one.

I can count to potato.

Quote Originally Posted by delta1 View Post
    Or you could think outside the box and introduce yourself, answer any replies your introduction gets, maybe add a post to a thread that interests you, ask for opinions on what you might think of buying, there are many ways to achieve the post count required.

The choice is only limited by your imagination.

This is a successful policy that has reduced spam, allows us to filter some of the returning fraudsters, and makes life easier for the Admin team while imposing a minimum burden on those who wish to participate.

Please feel free to participate and enjoy the resources avilable.
    I am wondering what the actual post count required to be allowed access to the fabled sales section is. As I said above, I have going on 1300 posts on the board and I've never seen the sales section. Do I need to get 2000 perhaps.

The newish member that started this says he's looking for air pistols. I have a few I want to sell as I don't use them but how and where do I get onto the sales?

Looked at the forum rules as suggested above and it says I need to have my home town on the profile. Yep. That's been there for years. What else do I need? Do I have to bribe a particular mod with a bag of jelly babies or something?!!!!

Love to know what to do.
    Try everything in life except incest & morris dancing - Guy Warrack (1900-86). Ah well, that just leaves incest...