Thread: Sussex Interclub 2009 - Round 1 Results

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....
    Ah well that's where i was going wrong; reading the wind, allowing 1.5 mil into the wind and seeing the pellet ignoring the wind and going straight as a die to plate it.

I should have paid attention to what the wind ignoring pellets were doing because that happened to me more than once.

That wind was very deceptive like a sultry siren from the deep.

Interesting experience and will it teach me any lessons in time for the next shoot? Stay tuned, same bat time, same bat channel.
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010

Feral is offline One of my mil dots is missing
    I was about to come back with a witty rejoinder to Charles about Matt needing all the help he can get... until I realised it was Matt that accusations of recieving coaching were made at... if anyone needs coaching it's not likely to be the bloke that came 3rd in Southern Hunters

I can only assume it was someone new to SiHFT that complained as Charles and Matt's banter and gamesmanship has entertained through many a wet Sunday morning shoot!

Personally I shot the worst I have done for about 18 months and despite my boy being really ill he shot like a demon and has a huge smile on his face still. I had the best and most fun day out for ages... let's not spoil it by taking ourselves to seriously and focus on the fact it's supposed to be fun.
    Walther dominator Lightstream FFP, s200 with Viper 10x44 - Buxted HFT My A4 Targets - HFT Kill zone sizes

Quote Originally Posted by MojoCrow View Post
    Ah well that's where i was going wrong; reading the wind, allowing 1.5 mil into the wind and seeing the pellet ignoring the wind and going straight as a die to plate it.
    The wind pixies were having fun with us Ben, one shot I'd aim right and it would drift all the way back across to hit the leftside of the plate, the next shot I'd aim right and it would impact axactly on the crosshair yet the wind at the peg felt the same... evil Mile Oak wind pixies and their warped sense of humour toying with my pellets!
    Walther dominator Lightstream FFP, s200 with Viper 10x44 - Buxted HFT My A4 Targets - HFT Kill zone sizes

I was about to come back with a witty rejoinder to Charles about Matt needing all the help he can get... until I realised it was Matt that accusations of recieving coaching were made at... if anyone needs coaching it's not likely to be the bloke that came 3rd in Southern Hunters

Sorry but the chinese whispers are at work again , that or it clearly went over my head ( doesn't take much ) . Did someone genuinely have a poke at Matt then or was is Charles and his usual brambling

Well shot young Jack you showed exactly how how much you have matured as a shooter yesterday , much more relaxed and taking your time on every peg .... bar one resulting in a well deserved 53 ! lol
    I think we both learnt a lot about reading the wind which can only be a good thing , once you start beating me though you can sling yer hook laddie !!!

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

if someone had a pop at matt " for coaching a youngling ) then who was it ???

i seem to remember that sihft was set up as a fun shoot .

If someone is going to be that anal maybe the said person should stay at home or just FLUCK OFF .

Quote Originally Posted by airgun god View Post
    if someone had a pop at matt " for coaching a youngling ) then who was it ???

i seem to remember that sihft was set up as a fun shoot .

If someone is going to be that anal maybe the said person should stay at home or just FLUCK OFF .
    Just seen on another thread and think it was directed at Charles - I could be wrong though ? Who the hell could Mog help lol
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

Quote Originally Posted by Kingplinker View Post
    [B]Well shot young Jack you showed exactly how how much you have matured as a shooter yesterday

Dave you really need to be a bit more brutal when knocking his rifle if you want to stay in front!

just kidding Jack, won't be long until you are leaving us old grumps in the dust

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Dave you really need to be a bit more brutal when knocking his rifle if you want to stay in front!

just kidding Jack, won't be long until you are leaving us old grumps in the dust
    Like I say Cliff , the old kicking the rifle twice tactic didn't work sadly I think the secong kick must have re zero'd it again . Damn those pesky kids !

Dave

Like I say Cliff , the old kicking the rifle twice tactic didn't work sadly I think the secong kick must have re zero'd it again . Damn those pesky kids !

Dave
    Dave I have a cunning plan!

MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....

Dave
    I think there's a mathematical formula for knocking a rifle/scope off zero. But it basically comes down to knocking only in odd numbers never even numbers.

Oh and a good firm kick to a barrel band works wonders.

Or you could get Jack to spin round a few times on the spot first. (Evil, pure evil)
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010

Knee capping is parhaps a tad harsh but I too have a cunning plan . I am going to offer to weigh all of Jacks pellets then fill all the pellets skirts with grit ! Not only will it alter his aim points but will bugger up his HW100 barrel too .

atvb

Dave