Thread: Sightron SIII 10x44 MMD - First blush review...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Is it just me, or has anybody else resorted to taping up their scope turrets? Very easy to move them if removing/replacing the gun into a carrier during competition I am afraid. Apart from that, the Sightron remains the best scope I have used to date, and is, to my eyes, the best I have used with the ability to blur the image with minimal parallax alterations, allowing reasonably accurate HFT ranging. Mine is set at 21yards.

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    Is it just me, or has anybody else resorted to taping up their scope turrets? Very easy to move them if removing/replacing the gun into a carrier during competition I am afraid. Apart from that, the Sightron remains the best scope I have used to date, and is, to my eyes, the best I have used with the ability to blur the image with minimal parallax alterations, allowing reasonably accurate HFT ranging. Mine is set at 21yards.

Andy
    I have not taped mine but I do zero the turrets to keep an eye on them. I have turned mine a couple of times putting it in an out of the bag. Fantastic scope apart from this, and I have owned and used most scopes out there for HFT. I started counting the number of scopes that I had owned for hunting and HFT over the years, and I stopped a over 40. These are quality though.
    Dean.
    BASC

Now moved my parallax setting out to just over 28 yards as getting the odd miss at 40 plus with it set at 20.
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

same here mine is just under 30yds on the dial. afew weeks ago at southern hunters I picked my gun up and the top turret moved but I didn't know where it was before. it did balls me up a bit.
    other than that they are great .
    RHINO GUIDED WALTHER LG400
    BASC HFT TEAM ENGLAND 2016 HAS BEEN
    www.tuggstatts.co.uk

brill scope got two

Thumbs up !

Been using mine since the middle of last year as it came on a gun i purchased.
    Took a while to get used to as i went from an MTC Connect with zero eye relief to the sightron with loads.
    Its taken a while but i am really happy with it. Great colour and crispness, minimal PX issues and good depth of field.
    Totally agree about non locking turrets. Using an Aim Sports Range Bag the handles catch on the turrets and have turned the windage one a few times.Tried tape but didn't like it. Have them set to Zero so i can see where they should be and reset if moved.
    Lenses don't seem to fog if you breathe on them in the cold which is a big advantage, and the ret is not obtrusive, although i have struggled to find it on targets in low light and shadows.

If they put a locking system on the turrets, an illuminated ret and made it the same price here as in the US it would sell like hot cakes.
    As it is i have no thoughts of changing it unless the new MTC Connect SL is as good as i hope it to be.

Cheers
    Alex
    M.A.D for it.
    Team England 2019

I am now thinking of a second one for my back up HFT gun, after at last having some decent scores this last year or so. I have a lot of confidence in the scope now, and find very little PX if I pull my eye into the scope a bit. I have mine set at 23 yards as I find the closer stuff a bit blurry any higher. They are so crisp you know exactly where your PX distance is.
    I zero my turrets as well, and it is then not such an issue if or when, you knock them round a bit.
    BASC