Thread: TX200 - Mk2 piston into a Mk3?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    What you're describing is the setup I use in my HFT gun.
    I'm using mk2 spring and guides

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    What you're describing is the setup I use in my HFT gun.
    I'm using mk2 spring and guides
    Cheers Dan

Note that the MarkII weight/top hat doesn't fit into the end of the spring, like the MarkIII, it's just a thick weight and looks very much like it's not in the piston. As noted above, you should have about 110 mm depth, inside, from piston skirt to the front end where the top hat sits.

Quote Originally Posted by FPoole View Post
    Note that the MarkII weight/top hat doesn't fit into the end of the spring, like the MarkIII, it's just a thick weight and looks very much like it's not in the piston. As noted above, you should have about 110 mm depth, inside, from piston skirt to the front end where the top hat sits.
    Actually it does. It looks like a mk3 version but the thinner section has a very coarse thread on it. This screws into the 3 collapsed coils. I think you are thinking of the additional washer (9mm thick I think) which may or may not have been used from the factory, depending on the power

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    Actually it does. It looks like a mk3 version but the thinner section has a very coarse thread on it. This screws into the 3 collapsed coils. I think you are thinking of the additional washer (9mm thick I think) which may or may not have been used from the factory, depending on the power
    Yes, I was a bit un-clear and was talking of the weight only. The top hat will always pull out with the spring on a MarkI/II. That 9mm weight looks just like the bottom of the piston and is easy to miss. Don't ask how I know, but I had a .177 MarkI shooting 8.64 H&N's at 850 fps, until I figured out the weight was still in there.

Yep and more often than not I have found metal, brass turned up washers hiding under the top hat. These are the result of previous owners upping pre load, or upping power.. These can get stuck.. Only way to know is to measure spring room inside the piston..
    The last time I had one of these I had to remove latch rod from piston to find a half inch lathe turned washer in front.

Quote Originally Posted by prosport.177 View Post
    Yep and more often than not I have found metal, brass turned up washers hiding under the top hat. These are the result of previous owners upping pre load, or upping power.. These can get stuck.. Only way to know is to measure spring room inside the piston..
    The last time I had one of these I had to remove latch rod from piston to find a half inch lathe turned washer in front.
    Nice what some people get up to in the name of tuning !, loctite can be the enemy here , if its not cleaned off properly after fitting the latch rod the piston weight gets glued in as well .