Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the "Rarest" rifle you own ?

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Some years ago I was offered this Daystate Huntsman mk1 pup for a paltry £200, Trouble was that I didn't particularly care for bullpups so turned it down, Was told a few years later that it was a factory job and one of only 20 made so quite rare!!

John
    That's right, 20 or maybe less were made, the Huntsman mk1 was the more common action, I have one Huntsman mk1 action and one with a 2000 action which only one or two had, the other action fitted was the LR90 and there were only a few of those.

It's an SR92 (short rifle 92), was not popular so only limited numbers made. The one in picture is missing the sliding cheek piece and silencer does not look original.
    Daystate Owners Club new site: www.daystateownersclub.com/forum

I've got a 7.62 straight pull M14, not many of them around. Had it built for me in the states when I was working over there & imported it myself.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    I've got Eddie Barber's (the man responsible for the coming into being of Airgun World magazine) pre-safety HW35 .177 ... This is not just rare because it was owned by such an air gunning lominary, but because it is the original (first) HW Vixen as developed by Eddie Barber and Norman May -- ergo the first of the first range of commercially avilable air rifles tuned to an agreed blue-print here in the U.K.

Eddie also set up the legendary air gun emporium of AIRGUNAID in the late 1970s, too, and as many of you fellow old gits (lol) will recal, Eddie developed a .20 custom rifle along with Don Grey around this time and started producing them as a stock item to order which Eddie marketed as the AIRGUNAID SP5 .20 cal HUNTER.

These AIRGUNAID SP5 .20 cal HUNTERS were built around a donor Milbro Diana G80 action (with modded custom internals) and fitted with a (then) somewhat revolutionary .20 cal Lothar Walthar rifled barrel, which was all housed in a specific custom stock (heavily influence in design by Eddies beloved HW35 stock pattern).

I also own one of the first five AIRGUNAID SP5 .20 cal HUNTERS (which may even be the first of these, as the early examples were not numbered and this one came from Eddie's personal holding), AND I even own a tin of the rare AIRGUNAID WARTHOG .20 cal pellets that Eddie had made to his specific brief, too (r.i.p. Eddie Barber as the Airgunning world owes you a tremendous debt of gratitude).

Lastly, I own a 1906 Lincoln Jefferies Model H .177 underlever rifle wearing the rarer shotgun type straight stock, which still shoots superbly to this day ... I have other 'boarderline' rare rifles in my collection, too, but the above detailed rifles represent my wonderfully Collecable top three.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by airwolf1 View Post
    That's right, 20 or maybe less were made, the Huntsman mk1 was the more common action, I have one Huntsman mk1 action and one with a 2000 action which only one or two had, the other action fitted was the LR90 and there were only a few of those.

It's an SR92 (short rifle 92), was not popular so only limited numbers made. The one in picture is missing the sliding cheek piece and silencer does not look original.
    It actually had the cheekpiece which was black foam, Can't remember it being missing when I took the pic!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    It actually had the cheekpiece which was black foam, Can't remember it being missing when I took the pic!

John
    The actual cheek piece was metal, grooved to slide over the scope rail, it was then attached to the bolt shaft just in front of the bolt handle so that when you closed the bolt the cheek piece covered the breech, when you cooked the rifle the cheek piece would come back with the bolt allowing you to insert the pellet in the breech.

This may have come later as the 2000 action I have just has a leather piece formed over the action and that gun was the first one produced.
    Daystate Owners Club new site: www.daystateownersclub.com/forum

Rarest I have ever seen was a zenith, with a lovely Paul Wilson walnut stock and a Daystate Crx trigger! It had the best finish I have ever seen on a gun- and shot as good as it looked! Only seen it the once and never seen the lad since who owned it, he had a number of lovely rifles including 2 BTAS HW100 one had a Paul Wilson sporter stock and I believe the other was a custom stock

Quote Originally Posted by DedIdick View Post
    I've got a 7.62 straight pull M14, not many of them around. Had it built for me in the states when I was working over there & imported it myself.
    For me, this wins, hands down. My favourite battle rifle.
    Couple of photographs would be spectacular if that’s possible?
    Many thanks, Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    I've got Eddie Barber's (the man responsible for the coming into being of Airgun World magazine) pre-safety HW35 .177 ... This is not just rare because it was owned by such an air gunning lominary, but because it is the original (first) HW Vixen as developed by Eddie Barber and Norman May -- ergo the first of the first range of commercially avilable air rifles tuned to an agreed blue-print here in the U.K.

Eddie also set up the legendary air gun emporium of AIRGUNAID in the late 1970s, too, and as many of you fellow old gits (lol) will recal, Eddie developed a .20 custom rifle along with Don Grey around this time and started producing them as a stock item to order which Eddie marketed as the AIRGUNAID SP5 .20 cal HUNTER.

These AIRGUNAID SP5 .20 cal HUNTERS were built around a donor Milbro Diana G80 action (with modded custom internals) and fitted with a (then) somewhat revolutionary .20 cal Lothar Walthar rifled barrel, which was all housed in a specific custom stock (heavily influence in design by Eddies beloved HW35 stock pattern).

I also own one of the first five AIRGUNAID SP5 .20 cal HUNTERS (which may even be the first of these, as the early examples were not numbered and this one came from Eddie's personal holding), AND I even own a tin of the rare AIRGUNAID WARTHOG .20 cal pellets that Eddie had made to his specific brief, too (r.i.p. Eddie Barber as the Airgunning world owes you a tremendous debt of gratitude).

Lastly, I own a 1906 Lincoln Jefferies Model H .177 underlever rifle wearing the rarer shotgun type straight stock, which still shoots superbly to this day ... I have other 'boarderline' rare rifles in my collection, too, but the above detailed rifles represent my wonderfully Collecable top three.

I have Eddie Barber's BSF S54 Bayern which was featured in several AGW articles sold after his demise with the auction catalogue.

Quote Originally Posted by DedIdick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    For me, this wins, hands down. My favourite battle rifle.
    Couple of photographs would be spectacular if that’s possible?
    Many thanks, Craig
    Can't seem to upload them just now.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

My rarest rifle is a Haenel 312 10m target rifle.

Mine is a single shot BSA Ultra......

Hang on, that's not 'rare'? Mine is because IT'S NOT MODIFIED! No tune or regulator swap - nothing. Amazingly it seems to shoot just fine.......how odd.

maybe BSA know what there doing after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockhamster View Post
    Mine is a single shot BSA Ultra......

Hang on, that's not 'rare'? Mine is because IT'S NOT MODIFIED! No tune or regulator swap - nothing. Amazingly it seems to shoot just fine.......how odd.

maybe BSA know what there doing after all.
    Likewise, I have a totally off the shelf S200 that seems to hit things consistently...
    I’ve been offered £2k for it but turned it down as it’s just too rare...
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    SMK P10. It's the only one I've ever seen and I've only seen this one once!*

​*so far
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Colchester Gamekeeper serial no.000012.

This....

Webley Mark 1 enjoy