Thread: Air arms s510 R in .177

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Air arms s510 R in .177

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-i View Post
    I have acquired a new AA S510xs (regulated) Carbine in .22cal with walnut stock. This was a longtime 'desired' airgun...but not my first PCP. As others have praised the features and accuracy...I agreed. However, I have a 'gritty' trigger. I mean it is as if the 'take up' was riding along emery paper.
    I mentioned to the AA authorized dealer from whom I purchased the airgun my concern. I was told: it will wear-in...over time. What????? No way!
    Interested in hearing from other 'owners' opinion on their 'trigger experience'. Since I'm located outside the UK (yes...across the Pond)...I don't have the privilege to contact Air Arms directly with my concern, as you Englishmen do. I'm sure 'someone' at AA would be interested in listening to my concern or at least suggest a 'fix'. Comments and suggestion are welcome.
    The triggers are really easy to set up, do a search on here they all use the same unit s400 onwards, probably just needs adjusting, you might find a video on youtube?

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    The triggers are really easy to set up, do a search on here they all use the same unit s400 onwards, probably just needs adjusting, you might find a video on youtube?
    I imagine he's sorted by now, post was 2years ago. Rog

Advice Please

I am looking at the 510 as an option. I shoot left handed but have always used RH based guns, so not looking for a LH action, but obviously the stock needs to suit LH shooting. I like the Hunter green model, but have been told the stock is made of poplar and marks very easily if nocked. Anyone had any experience of this type of stock please?

Agree re the side lever over the bolt for multi shot. In fact for hunting I use a 400 with Rowan multi shot adapter because it's quieter and the rifle can be de-cocked and silently re-cocked in the field.
    The trigger safety! Not sure what AA were thinking. Do the latest have that trigger tension spring as an awkward add on? A "floppy" trigger was another useful "the rifle isn't cocked" indicator.