Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weihrauch HW100.

Weihrauch HW100.

I have always rated Weihrauch rifles but how good is the HW100?Why I ask is because I see an awful lot of these rifles for sale more than any other air-rifle?
    Anyone else agree in what I say?
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.

Fluffybuck is offline Member of the .25 cal fan club
    I'd say that there's a lot for sale for a few reasons:

Firstly, they're good guns, so plenty have been brought into the UK.

Secondly, lots of people are Weihrauch followers.

Thirdly, they have anti-tamper that is much more fearsome than people realise. I suspect a lot of people have been shown online "power up" vidoes and have been bitterly disappointed when confronted by the AT and want to get rid.

I currently have four HW100 variants. I once had six - and I will shortly have six again.
    I have one more enroute that I recently bought.
    I also have a friend holding a wrecked one, that I'll collect when the weather is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
    Thirdly, they have anti-tamper that is much more fearsome than people realise.
    I used to think that mate, but it's actually fairly straight forward

Quote Originally Posted by Steve K View Post
    I second everything Fluff has said. Also, a lot of the 100s being offered are the pre anti-tamper, non carbines. I think lots of people are selling them to buy a carbine.

If it's straight forward, please PM me with the info. Would be much appreciated.

They are terrific rifles, but I am biased!

John
    HW95k cal .177, Simmons WTC 1.5-5 x 20. CZ 452 American .22LR, MTC Mamba 3-12 x 44IR.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyJohn View Post
    I second everything Fluff has said. Also, a lot of the 100s being offered are the pre anti-tamper, non carbines. I think lots of people are selling them to buy a carbine.

If it's straight forward, please PM me with the info. Would be much appreciated.

They are terrific rifles, but I am biased!

John
    Pm sent

Fluffybuck is offline Member of the .25 cal fan club
    Straightforward, yes - if you know how all the innards work.
    But the power freaks will soon find that they have an inconsistent gun, a bad power curve and a jammed regulator because they can't balance the hammer against the regulator.

I have two carbines. I have owned a number of PCP's (Rapid, Ultra, AA) and shot numerous others and I have to say the HW100TK beats them hands down. If you spend the time to get the best pellet combo nothing will beat it. It's the most silent and clinical hunting tool I have!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
    Straightforward, yes - if you know how all the innards work.
    But the power freaks will soon find that they have an inconsistent gun, a bad power curve and a jammed regulator because they can't balance the hammer against the regulator.
    Pm sent mate

thats easy mine loves fx 16gr pellets in .22 they do a cracking job on the bunnies

I know they're not everybody's cup of tea, but i love them to bits. The design, the accuracy, and the consistancy. I don't even think the thumbhole is ugly!

I know they're not everybody's cup of tea, but i love them to bits. The design, the accuracy, and the consistancy. I don't even think the thumbhole is ugly!
    now whats specsavers phone number?

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    now whats specsavers phone number?
    haha! as they say "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

haha! as they say "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"
    Yeah, I hear Stevie Wonder loves his HW100 thumbhole

Oddly the best pellet through my pre at HW100T is the RWS Super H Point in .22

I know Hollow points shouldnt be any good over about 30 yards... but for some reason they absolutely rock! out of my HW.

The other pellet that is good is the Weihrauch FT / Barracuda Match (which are more or less the same pellet). Granted a bit of a loopy trajectory under 12fpe levels put if you are dialled in properly it doesnt matter, suffers from very little wind drift too.

i too owned the hw100 the ks version and i too would agree that it was the most clinical and silent hunting gun i have ever used(and ive shot a few lol,,,,aa's,rapids,loguns,bsa,etc),,the hw100 is maybe not the prettiest out there,but the way it goes about its business is second to none(my opinion),,of course we have the new breed of electronic guns from daystate that are so dead to shoot that accuracy seems easy,,but at a cost significantly higher than the hw,,,,,,in the 600-700 price bracket i think nothing can touch it in terms of reliability,,consistency,accuracy,the best mag system bar none,,and of course the slincence with the hw silencer.
    just an all round superb hunting gun that i wish id never sold.
    maybe its the age old,,I FANCY A CHANGE thing why so many seem to be for sale,,,or then again it could just be the economic climate,who knows,but if i get the chance to get another i would in a heart beat,,and never,,i mean never get rid again.