Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: The Royal British Legion Poppy Shield and the collectables related team names so far.

Aghhh, can't believe I forgot all about this. Sorry!! Please send me payment details so I can at least contribute. Well done for organising it. At least everyone else isn't as useless as me at remembering things lol.

Hope it went well!

ATB
    BRUCE

Quote Originally Posted by Grayling View Post
    Yo young Pad we'll get a nice humky photo of you armed to the teeth looking all warry like an SS Stormtrooper in a Sven Hassel book and you can hang it on the bedroom wall to get Helen all excited and in the moooooooooooood for lurrrrrrrrrrrve .

Oh hang on you've already done that haven't you oh mighty cammoed stud muffin .
    Hi Gary

Thanks for your kind words & err no comment

Car all packed ready to go. be there shortly.

I hope the day goes aswell as you envisage it
    BE-HAPPY-OK

See you all there soon hope weather stays dry

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Please be kind enough to put a paypal acc on this thread, so that people like me, that can't make it, can still chip in without the embarrassment of coming last in another shooting comp.
    Quote Originally Posted by brucegill View Post
    Aghhh, can't believe I forgot all about this. Sorry!! Please send me payment details so I can at least contribute. Well done for organising it. At least everyone else isn't as useless as me at remembering things lol.

Hope it went well!

ATB
    BRUCE

I think Gary will get around to this after the event..

What a cracking day was had by all. An excellent turnout, lots of money raised and a humbling experience to have a WW2 veteran present the trophies.

Gary, thank you for being the inspiration and driving force behind this event. You are a hero in lots of ways yourself.

It would have been good to see a few more open sighted vintage rifles in the competition as there was a course within a course for this class of rifle but maybe next time? Eddie's excellent Bell Target stand was popular throughout the day and I'm sorry the Quigley target could not be used due to technical issues.

One of the highlights of the day was the friendliness of everyone Josie and I spoke with. It was pleasure to meet you all and hopefully meet up with again in the future. This event showcased air rifle shooting in the best possible light. People from all walks of life doing what they enjoy in company they enjoy, whilst raising a few quid for a very worthwhile cause.

Kind regards,

John and Josie

gary all four wellies teams had a great time as you know they aren,t experienced shooters most are disabled or recovering from ill health and they had a great day as for me and nick gary we look forward to a joint venture between our two groups next year hopefully raising lots of funds for both groups and raising awareness as well as having a great time thanks again gary atb mark

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    I think Gary will get around to this after the event..
    I have put the Pay pal idea to the RBL powers that be Pete, within hours of you posting in fact, it was after all a brilliant idea of yours . Will have to wait and see what they do now.

It turned out to be a brilliant day today weather wise and Poppy Shield wise and I look forward to working with John M and the Edster on next years now hopefully two events. Gotta admit Eddie did a lot of work to get his Bell Target side shoot up and running and the whole thing was not only eye catching but real fun as well. His score cards done by his talented wife for this comp were nothing short of Works of Art. As usual Ed was his normal genial and entertaining self and was a very big part of todays success, so cheers mate .

John M was also a star and it was only poetic justice when he won the Bell Target event and took Red Bobs beautiful Trophy Bell Target home. I wouldn't say everything went smoothly but having the two above men on side during such an event made my job a lot easier and more fun. Thanks John for all your hard work sorting the Barclays charity money. That was certainly a sweetener for us on top of the decent amount of funds we raised today.

I'd like to thank Paddy Egan and his team for their hard work on the pistol side shoot. It was nice to see him and his team win some trophies on top. Pad and myself have been friends for many years and he too was his normal entertaining self. I do feel humbled and privileged to know such selfless souls who are only too willing to give up their own time, effort and money too help others who once served our country.

The future potential for this comp looks amazing but I am disappointed at the very few collectables members who turned out to support this wonderful and worthwhile event. For those that couldn't be bothered, you missed a very special day in the company of some wonderful people.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Quote Originally Posted by comic69 View Post
    gary all four wellies teams had a great time as you know they aren,t experienced shooters most are disabled or recovering from ill health and they had a great day as for me and nick gary we look forward to a joint venture between our two groups next year hopefully raising lots of funds for both groups and raising awareness as well as having a great time thanks again gary atb mark
    Glad all your group enjoyed themselves Mark, they certainly cleaned up on the raffle if not the comp. Look forward to planning our double header next year too mate.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

Not surprised to see JM win a trophy (after all I taught him ) If I have to be honest, JM, Eddie and Lakey all shoot well with oldies. I could too if it were not for a bone in my leg.

Well done to all that helped...

What an excellent day.

Weldone to everyone who organised and helped on the day, it all went smoothly and everyone enjoyed themselves.

Thanks for your kind words Gary, you know I like to have the craic and if you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at

Definetely be there for the next one, with the Umarex Boys Club for the pistol area, if you want we can bring more types of targets/activities to shoot.

I'd still use my Jackals, but our Team will be in different camo's I will just need to get them to practice more with them as Tye & Ricky were not used to the 'art of the Jackal' to that fact neither am I

Winning the Vintage Category was a big shock, however there was only three in it, so thanks to the no shows I managed to win something (only joking)

However having said that we were all winners on the day as WE All contribruted to a worthy cause.

Kind regards
    Paddy

p.s we did raise some money from people donating when they shot the Pistols. As soon as you get the PayPal Address sorted I will send it over.
    Last edited by Pad. E; 07-10-2013 at 08:55 AM.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Hi Gary

What a superb day out, really went well, my brother in-law and I had a great time, it was good to be able to meet the BBs members and put faces to names. Will be there next time and hopefully have a shoot.

Well done to every body who organised and contributed to this event, a wonderful experience and a great cause.

Has anybody got any photos of the event they could post up.

ATB
    Mel
    Chippendale (with clothes on)

Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Hi Gary

What a superb day out, really went well, my brother in-law and I had a great time, it was good to be able to meet the BBs members and put faces to names. Will be there next time and hopefully have a shoot.

Well done to every body who organised and contributed to this event, a wonderful experience and a great cause.

Has anybody got any photos of the event they could post up.

ATB
    Mel
    Chippendale (with clothes on)
    Here is a slide show & pictures of the day.

Pad. E >> HERE <<

Gary Chillingworth >> HERE <<

Regards
    Paddy
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Here is a slide show & pictures of the day.

Pad. E >> HERE <<

Gary Chillingworth >> HERE <<

Regards
    Paddy
    Well done you two some nice shots there (no pun intended) a lovely reminder of an excellent day ATB

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Well done you two some nice shots there (no pun intended) a lovely reminder of an excellent day ATB

Mel
    Cheers Mel.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Hi Gary
    Cracking day, and what a great trophy
    Any chance of getting the scores up so that we can bask in the glory
    That is until the next comp where I should imagine we will end up with egg on our faces
    See you at the next one
    Daystate MK4 ST Burris FullfieldII
    Even a broken watch tells the right time twice a day
    http://kibworthairgunclub.freeforums.org/index.php