Quote Originally Posted by robhw97k View Post
i tried loadsa farms/lad owners round here all said no,i was gutted no permission so i had a idea.i went back to my nearest farm and said to farmer ill do 1 day a week labour on his farm for free in return let my shoot couple times a week,he said very kind offer but dont need no help,gutted again i turned round to walk away and he said but you can shoot on my land,dont bring nobody with ya dont shoot partridges or pheasants and no dogs.that do me i thought champion lol.just a idea for anyone else wanting permission,offer farmer or land owner 1 days work for nowt.
Well done Rob. That's what's needed. Think outside the box.

You'll find once you get one others will follow.

A couple of weeks ago my farmer called me to say the cricket club wanted their rabbits gone and was I interested? Does a bear sh*t in the woods? He took me to the club, they gave me a key and said "don't bother with letting me know, just come when you can". The following week the farmer gave me a name and number saying the land on either side of the cricket club says you can shoot but you have to meet him first. That's the way it goes sometimes. I do feel for all you guys trying to get your first perm. Nil desperandum.