Thread: Defra Licence:

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rats, Squirrels and Rabbits

I've been downloading and reading the general licenses and they all seem to be for birds. Nowhere does it mention and mammals such as Rats, Rabbits or Squirrels.

Is there another General License covering these? Does anyone have a link?

Cheers,
    Shaun
    Weihrauch HW97k - V-Glided, competition trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Zimbabwe Boy View Post
    I've been downloading and reading the general licenses and they all seem to be for birds. Nowhere does it mention and mammals such as Rats, Rabbits or Squirrels.

Is there another General License covering these? Does anyone have a link?

Cheers,
    Shaun
    these are all vermin and no license is needed m8

License requirements

Yep, I guessed that they may be classed as vermin, however I only found reference to Rabbits in the 1954 pest control act. I have no documentation that I can show to angry anti-shooting types that these are in fact classed as vermin. Are they actually vermin? Or do we all just go on anecdotal evidence ?

I'm looking for a link to a document that I can print out and show to the next tree-hugging, squirrel-loving liberal that shows that legally I am entitled to shoot any cute, fluffly, adorable little (grey) squirrel and rabbit that I may find on my land.
    Weihrauch HW97k - V-Glided, competition trigger

all you need is permission to be on the land,keep away from tree huggers and work within the law and they can do nothing but it is an offense to cause a person distress so walk away from trouble
    except you could point out the gray tree rat has removed our red tree rat and is destroying trees..you could print out all the pages av and hand it to them to read for a while,that will keep them busy
    chippy

Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post
    all you need is permission to be on the land,keep away from tree huggers and work within the law and they can do nothing but it is an offense to cause a person distress so walk away from trouble
    except you could point out the gray tree rat has removed our red tree rat and is destroying trees..you could print out all the pages av and hand it to them to read for a while,that will keep them busy
    chippy
    I didn't know tree huggers could READ,
    Current Guns, Hatsan Gladius, Hatsan Galatian, Hatsan AT44 Craftsman Vit Bullpup, Brocock Compatto, Air Arms S200, AA TX200 hc, AA TX200 sr, Hammerli AR20FT, Benjamin Trail NP2 Walther cp99

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Zimbabwe Boy View Post
    Yep, I guessed that they may be classed as vermin, however I only found reference to Rabbits in the 1954 pest control act. I have no documentation that I can show to angry anti-shooting types that these are in fact classed as vermin. Are they actually vermin? Or do we all just go on anecdotal evidence ?

I'm looking for a link to a document that I can print out and show to the next tree-hugging, squirrel-loving liberal that shows that legally I am entitled to shoot any cute, fluffly, adorable little (grey) squirrel and rabbit that I may find on my land.
    Hows this...
    General Alliance

It should have all you need
    Grey Squizzer
    Rats
    Rabbits
    .. and the birds...

HTH

Danny
    Follow me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/gr8funtargets
    gr8fun.net

Thank you Dannro. That General Licence 'Omnibus' is brilliant. All we want in one place.I am going to print it out and bombard the neighbours, but it is about 30 pages! so perhaps I will print out when needed. But thanks anyway.
    bill

defra

Good info

thanks

Handy to have these, all helps when getting permissions I suppose....cheers for the link