Quote Originally Posted by jjjjjj View Post
I got my .22 relum telly for christmas in 1972, i know it cost £10.25 new at that time the price was on the box i also got 5 tins of eley wasp from my uncle at the time and took 4 tins back to the sports shop and swapped them for 4 tins of marksman pellets as the wasps were to tight in it, i shot a lot with that relum and used it in the early day of ft competitions and it was doing 10 ft lbs, the relum telly was my first real air rifle and learned to shoot with useing open sights only ( even though it shot to the right at 30 yards and i used the right hand side of the front sight cover to hit anything ) i had many pigeons walking threw the woods on a moonlite night, that is why i like and still have a relum telly today.
Good memories mate as the other member says "did you pay me back"!! I presume you guessed it --it was Wayne who bought the first one and loaned me the penny's that day --it was them days we then jumped on to the train to Newcastle from Sunderland to go to a place called Westgate road "that's where all the motorbike shops are" to buy a battery to use for lamping with a hand held halogen lamp from Halfords we walked many a mile carrying them relums --battery and lamp