Thread: Waiting 'til March?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Only that the young lad was killed by a home built airgun with no safety...
    I didn't know this, do you have a source? I thought it was a B2 or the like.
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    I didn't know this, do you have a source? I thought it was a B2 or the like.
    Richard Kennett, joint firearms licensing manager for Norfolk and Suffolk Police, told the inquest the gun which fatally injured Ben had been ‘home made’ by the person who sold it and who was not a recognised manufacturer.

Had the law on the licensing and registration and storage of airguns been amended in the past, Ben’s death could have prevented.
    Zoe Wragge

The air rifle had no safety catch, could be fired without pulling the trigger and it could not be seen if it was loaded.

https://www.buryfreepress.co.uk/news...dent-1-7999202

the safe storage regulations were amended in 2011 (https://www.gov.uk/government/public...afety-jan-2011). . Pity the owner of the homemade rifle that killed ben did not follow them and left it in an airing cupboard.

and one poster on here said the lad that shot him was 14 at the time which is legal but my thinking is that they were not all over 14 so they should have been supervised.
    Last edited by bighit; 14-01-2018 at 07:28 PM.

OK this explains my confusion. I know nothing at all about this case, I was referring to the Andrew Morton case.

OK this explains my confusion. I know nothing at all about this case, I was referring to the Andrew Morton case.
    Yes i believe the airgun in the Morton case was a Westlake rifle that had been "tuned "and supposedly over the 12 ftlbs limit but i could find no written proof of this.

And the killer Mark Bonini is due to be released soon as his 13 year sentence is close to finishing .
    Last edited by bighit; 14-01-2018 at 07:36 PM.

Which needed no further legislation as shooting at people is already illegal

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Which needed no further legislation as shooting at people is already illegal
    Exactly my point.