Page 69 of 78 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1156

Thread: June 3rd & 4th Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Have you managed to claim that little bit of territory matey ? Cool if you have. I don't have an inch of space here for man tinkering which is why I'm looking forward to early retirement and get the heck out of London. 9 months, 3 weeks and 4 days - not that I'm counting.
    Looks like I need to join you down the farm sometime soon then Paul. I could do with getting a new rifle for some hunting.
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP

Thanks for the Boing

Was great to meet you all on Saturday.

Thanks for making me feel welcome, the hospitality and the burgers

Hope to see you at the next one

Regards,

David

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by StellaArtois Sr View Post
    Looks like I need to join you down the farm sometime soon then Paul. I could do with getting a new rifle for some hunting.
    Like you need an excuse for another rifle
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

When did Gwyn leave The Hollow?

Shout up, young Gwyn, and hope you're keeping well.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Well then, Folks.

There's absolutely no need to thank me and Shirl as we feel it's an honour and privilege to host the Boinger Bash and to have you fine folks visit --- even Transporter.

Personally, I'd like to thank all of you for just being yourselves and making the Bash such a friendly event, and for proving to Shirl that I'm quite normal really.

Craig --- I hope Sarah comes through this OK, I know the waiting on results is a stressful thing.

Vale Boy --- congrats on hitting the bucket using you Hungarian Swamp Donkey.

Rhys --- You may find it difficult to do any range finding for a day or two --- PM me.

The Hollow has now reverted back into a field and I'm busy in the workshop painting targets for the UKChinese airgunforum's meet here in a fortnight's time.
    I'll start a thread on here later today giving details of this event in case anyone would like to attend, there are already a few Bash regulars attending, but a few more wouldn't hurt.

Thank you all for being you.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    When did Gwyn leave The Hollow?

Shout up, young Gwyn, and hope you're keeping well.
    Steve and mel took his tent down Saturday evening as he was totally worn out, he was hoping to come back on Sunday after some r+r but was obviously still too tired.
    Gwyn parties very hard and it unfortunately catches up with him, but he's still a legend.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

All the best Mick
    Which end did he use?

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Brilliant to finally meet you, Donald, and so glad to hear that you had a great time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Which end did he use?

Dave
    ha ha... Dave you will see the video evidence soon enough!
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Steve and mel took his tent down Saturday evening as he was totally worn out, he was hoping to come back on Sunday after some r+r but was obviously still too tired.
    Gwyn parties very hard and it unfortunately catches up with him, but he's still a legend.
    Yup, I confess to all of the above; a 'Legend in my own Lunchtime' I expect. Thanks to Jamie, Mel & Steve and others for many kindnesses.

Arrived home to find the Missus, (visiting relatives 70 miles away) had hurt her leg & was unable to drive home. Sorting this prevented me from posting earlier, so grateful thanks to Mick for the call, and as ever him & Shirl for another superb bash.

Plus Chris for the wonder of hand feeding a 5-week old jackdaw fledgling!

ATB
    Gwyn
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Have you managed to claim that little bit of territory matey ? Cool if you have. I don't have an inch of space here for man tinkering which is why I'm looking forward to early retirement and get the heck out of London. 9 months, 3 weeks and 4 days - not that I'm counting.
    Indeedy, Pauly!

To be honest though, I didn't even have to claim it. I've been saying for years how it pees me off with having a large garage but with no workshop space as it's so full of accumulated crap. Just recently, she's been having a bit of a sort out.

And then one night last week, with the garage still semi-trashed and most rooms in the house bursting at the seams with stuff she's sorting out (lobbing/relocating/selling etc) she was in the playhouse sorting that out too. So I went out to bollock here and to tell her that she really needs to tidy other areas up before tackling anotyer area. "But I'm doing this for you", she said, pointing at the Workmate that she's already moved from the garage. And a comfy chair to chill in. It's a friggin' great, huge playhouse, and my half of it will be ample for my needs. And room for a small bench, too, so I can fix the vice and grinder, too. Proper little man cave it'll be!

I certainly envy you though, matey, with your forthcoming retirement. Sounds bloody lovely does that. If things don't change around here, looks like it'll be at least ten years for me!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Fixed it for you
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Our Tony? A playboy? He's a dark horse

Pete
    I wish, boys!

Quote Originally Posted by DavyWavy View Post
    Was great to meet you all on Saturday.

Thanks for making me feel welcome, the hospitality and the burgers

Hope to see you at the next one

Regards,

David
    And great to have you there, David.

Looks like you're catching the bug, too and will soon be yet another victim of airgun addiction!

Well then, Folks.

There's absolutely no need to thank me and Shirl as we feel it's an honour and privilege to host the Boinger Bash and to have you fine folks visit --- even Transporter.

Personally, I'd like to thank all of you for just being yourselves and making the Bash such a friendly event, and for proving to Shirl that I'm quite normal really.

Craig --- I hope Sarah comes through this OK, I know the waiting on results is a stressful thing.

Rhys --- You may find it difficult to do any range finding for a day or two --- PM me.

The Hollow has now reverted back into a field and I'm busy in the workshop painting targets for the UKChinese airgunforum's meet here in a fortnight's time.
    I'll start a thread on here later today giving details of this event in case anyone would like to attend, there are already a few Bash regulars attending, but a few more wouldn't hurt.

All the best Mick
    Nobody loves me booohoooo

Well then, Folks.

All the best Mick
    Nah, you DO need thanking, Uncle Mick. Without you this would never have got off the ground in the first place. And you managed to get the magic formula just so, making our little gatherings so special. You put so much hard graft and thought into these and do us mega proud. And you have to lose out financially, missing out on a few days' work at each event.

And, yes, I know you love it yourself, as you're the master kingpin all weekend long. Sorting the range and targets, cooking, meeting and greeting, dispensing solid technical advice and helping people out. And your wicked sense of humour and contagious enthusiasm rubs off on everyone.

Next January, you WILL be Sir Mick.

That takeaway meet actually falls on a Sunday off for me. Now, I can't promise anything (like how my plans for an extra day at The Holow got scudded), but if I can get a day pass from wifey, I'd love to get there. Another visit to my favouritist place on the planet with, I guess, a different feel and flavour.....mine's a #69 please!

Oh yes, and THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU!

BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    Yup, I confess to all of the above; a 'Legend in my own Lunchtime' I expect. Thanks to Jamie, Mel & Steve and others for many kindnesses.

Arrived home to find the Missus, (visiting relatives 70 miles away) had hurt her leg & was unable to drive home. Sorting this prevented me from posting earlier, so grateful thanks to Mick for the call, and as ever him & Shirl for another superb bash.

Plus Chris for the wonder of hand feeding a 5-week old jackdaw fledgling!

ATB
    Gwyn

Indeed, our Gwyn is most certainly a legend.

Kind acts deserve kind acts in return, and you're such a special bloke, our Gwyn, that everyone loves ya and wants to help. Well done to Steve and Mel.

So, partying hard, knackered, then a mercy mission. Gwyn, you really are the genuine article, which is why there wil always be a special place in the heart of any Boingerman for you.

And a cute bird a-gobbling on your lap.....awesome!!