Thread: Beeman R1 (HW80) strange ring noise in shot cycle??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Noise found.

I removed the Vortek kit, inspected the comp tube and piston seal for damage and installed an ARH spring kit with the OE piston liner. Test fired without a scope and the gun sounds normal now. Ten shot string of 5.53 FTTs, 735 fps ES 12 and SD 3. That's 17.58 fpe. That's about what I remember that kit doing last time.

Assuming the noise doesn't return I'd have to think the noise was from the Vortek steel outer guide resonance. I have to do some more testing with a scope on it.

Thanks all for the help
    Ron

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    personally I find 17-18 FP the sweet spot for these... accurate and easy to shoot. Much more and accuracy (or maybe the ability to achieve it) seems to suffer.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

R1

Hi JB..I'd go 19 ft lbs as the sweet spot. Anything more is a little too much. Slight off thread but on FAC power levels I remember shooting a Webley Venom 97 running at 16.8 ft lbs it was unreal..a mild nudge in the shoulder like a legal limit rifle..it was .22 but really nice at that power level.
    Mach 1.5

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I'd invite you over to play with some of my "fac" springers, but the plane ticket will make it a little pricey - I've not shot them myself for a couple of years !
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.