Thread: Vintage Air Gun comp: who's interested?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Are Old Gits welcome too?

I have an old, I think about 1930, Webley MkI .177 air pistol, with the Safety Catch and the extended barrel. It has never been taken apart. I still love to shoot it, and I hope to get some glasses this year which will help me to shoot it better with the open sights.

I cannot travel, but I would love to correspond, and if I go into into it any depth, I might even engage in Postal Comps. The only problem is that I do not have a Referee at the moment. I have a girl friend who has been through good and bad with me, and does not like my involvement with even Air Guns. Nonetheless she would be willing to validate my targets, and she would give me any leeway.

So, is there any room for me there?

Alan Giles.

Quote Originally Posted by franktheferret View Post

I cannot travel, but I would love to correspond, and if I go into into it any depth, I might even engage in Postal Comps. The only problem is that I do not have a Referee at the moment. I have a girl friend who has been through good and bad with me, and does not like my involvement with even Air Guns. Nonetheless she would be willing to validate my targets, and she would give me any leeway.

Alan Giles.
    Hey! It's all on a trust basis. if someone cheats they are only cheating themselves! The Umarex boys club is one of the offshoots from bbs that offers a competition opportunity , well, several: 6M target and side shoots and police pistol and side shoots........ open and optical categories. and divided into hpa/co2/spring catagories.

I have an old, I think about 1930, Webley MkI .177 air pistol, with the Safety Catch and the extended barrel. It has never been taken apart. I still love to shoot it, and I hope to get some glasses this year which will help me to shoot it better with the open sights.

Alan Giles.

Hi Alan.

You Have PM regarding our pistol competitions

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Definitely interested in this, good call Jim.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Ever Postal!

Alan Giles.
    WHATEVER we decide on dates or equipment, Alan, rest asured it WILL be postal. That's how we UBC boys do our regular competitions. For a lot of reasons.

My wife and I are in Louisiana! But we will both be there for the UBC special shoot on May 23.

Cheers!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone