Thread: BSA lightning xl se GRT any good?!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    £240 is very close to the 2nd hand price of top quality kit. I only paid a few quid more for my TX and my HW98. I love BSA but the lightning cannot compete with those 2

Pete
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    £240 is very close to the 2nd hand price of top quality kit. I only paid a few quid more for my TX and my HW98. I love BSA but the lightning cannot compete with those 2

Pete
    An HW 98 recently went for the same price. A decent TX 200 HC wit Beech stock will probably fetch about £250.00 and a brand new HW 95 is not far off the mark either. The scope is another matter.

A.G

and dont forget that the gas ram is not adjustable like the ones used in theoben Fenmans , evolutions or the hw90..

the bsa one is a sealed unit. if it goes over 12flbs then your going to have to trim the end off the ram and not let a little air out like the theoben or hw90 ones .

yes theoben did retro fit ones too but they are sealed also .

for a tenner more you can get a new one sans scope, but scopes come along on here fairly regular,
    i put a ram in my sprung gamo se and it has been a real plus,good luck

Thanks folks all the direction goes toward HW99 I guess this will my choice beside I am getting a lot of negative opinion regard the new BSA GRT rifle particularly from the trigger system I wish BSA still produced in Birmingham like those old days

Quote Originally Posted by massa View Post
    Thanks folks all the direction goes toward HW99 I guess this will my choice beside I am getting a lot of negative opinion regard the new BSA GRT rifle particularly from the trigger system I wish BSA still produced in Birmingham like those old days
    If you are getting a 99 or 95 prepare to do some home tuning to get them sorted! Not needed to touch my new lightning though its a Springer, very accurate... never tried the gas strut version.

with all this talk of BSA's is it not the case that BSA are now manufacturing their own guns back in Birmingham now , this is what I was recently told by a chap working in the local gun shop