Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why don't Air Arms make break barrels?

Why don't Air Arms make break barrels?

I know they used to because I had a Pro'elite, so why did they stop making them, Weihrauch sell thousands of them

Design, tooling and production costs, and too much competition in the market, would be my guess.

Could they be sure of getting their money back?

Risky in today's economic climate.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

I really think AA are missing a trick. I'm thinking about picking up a 95K next month, I'd love to have the dilemma of choosing an Air Arms product as I did when buying my 97KT.
    .22 HW 110 ST
    .22 HW97 KT Blackline STL
    Walther CP88 Competition Nickel

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    Design, tooling and production costs, and too much competition in the market, would be my guess.

I'm sure you're right, Arthur.

However, with the reputation and stature that Air Arms now enjoy world-wide, I'd be pretty confident that there would be a market for a premium break barrel from this stable, employing much of today's accumulated knowledge and technology.

TX Mark 1/2 bore and stroke, manual breech latch a la LGV and with the CD trigger. Yummy!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Do they really need to with having the prosport! It's a masterpiece of a springer
    Followed close by the tx200s.

....... because underlevers are much better!
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball50 View Post
    I really think AA are missing a trick. I'm thinking about picking up a 95K next month, I'd love to have the dilemma of choosing an Air Arms product as I did when buying my 97KT.
    Unfortunately not enough people buy British made products and instantly think German stuff is better, you've already proved why because you bought a 97(when you could have chose British and got a TX or PS) and you're already set on buying a 95, if all shooters in the UK instantly bought AA instead of HW, then they would have the lions share of the market and no excuse not to make a break barrel, the other problem is HW have too many to choose from in their range to cater for the masses and if AA did bring out a break barrel it would be torn to pieces by the shooting fraternity as it wouldn't be perfect for them as they would have "expected more" from such a prestigious maker, the problem is AA now have to supply the rest of the world and not all countries have such low power restrictions as the UK, so it's difficult to have a happy medium for all and for them to produce a rifle just for the UK power limit is risky business but if they had HW's share of the market as well then they probably would.

Slightly off topic, someone else pointed out a few months ago that Custom stocks in Sheffield had hardly sold any stocks for the HW99 although all you 99 owners came on here whinging months before about the lack of nice stocks available and when they do start making one they have hardly any sales, would that be the same case with a break barrel from AA, would we actually buy one if they made one? would you sell your 95 to fund one? I think people know my answer to that question.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

If you would genuinely buy an AA break barrel then let them know via their customer service site. I did!

If you don't ask, you don't get. Here's hoping.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by oneseven View Post
    If you would genuinely buy an AA break barrel then let them know via their customer service site. I did!

If you don't ask, you don't get. Here's hoping.
    Did they reply with any good news?

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Did they reply with any good news?

Pete
    No they didn't reply...

If they had enough R&D money to make that awful twin cylinder thing nobody bought, surely then can make us a break barrel TX?

All my guns are weihrauch, but that's only because I like break barrels, I personally think that Air Arms make a better gun, they have a nicer finish, nicer stock and they are better internally (this is just my opinion guys) so yes I would buy one

I really have know idea why AA don't make a break barrel, plenty of people buy there TX. There is no reason to think, that a break barrel from them wouldn't be as big a success.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Unfortunately not enough people buy British made products and instantly think German stuff is better, you've already proved why because you bought a 97(when you could have chose British and got a TX or PS) and you're already set on buying a 95, if all shooters in the UK instantly bought AA instead of HW, then they would have the lions share of the market and no excuse not to make a break barrel, the other problem is HW have too many to choose from in their range to cater for the masses and if AA did bring out a break barrel it would be torn to pieces by the shooting fraternity as it wouldn't be perfect for them as they would have "expected more" from such a prestigious maker, the problem is AA now have to supply the rest of the world and not all countries have such low power restrictions as the UK, so it's difficult to have a happy medium for all and for them to produce a rifle just for the UK power limit is risky business but if they had HW's share of the market as well then they probably would.

Slightly off topic, someone else pointed out a few months ago that Custom stocks in Sheffield had hardly sold any stocks for the HW99 although all you 99 owners came on here whinging months before about the lack of nice stocks available and when they do start making one they have hardly any sales, would that be the same case with a break barrel from AA, would we actually buy one if they made one? would you sell your 95 to fund one? I think people know my answer to that question.

Pete
    What he said

Cause their first effort bombed out after a while the old stock got dusty so they stopped selling the lumps, there is one for sale at the mo, its stuck on the classified merry go round at too much moola for nostalgia pounds plus postage

I don't think that AA are up to it as their current Prosport limited batches have reports of issues,,,just saying
    Nice things happen to nice people.

Quote Originally Posted by BAD DAZ View Post
    I know they used to because I had a Pro'elite, so why did they stop making them, Weihrauch sell thousands of them
    The short answer is that their first offering was a failure. They are a very profit-orientated company and bearing in mind they don't even make a left handed Pro Sport because of limited demand says it all. They have concentrated their resources in making high value rifles and that I suspect is where they will stay.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.