Thread: Collecting.....blowing hot and cold

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laverdabru View Post
    Not saying I won't get any more, I've had a hankering for a Supertarget/Club for years - but have to accept with my eyesight now it would be a 'cabinet queen' which would be a waste. Don't think the aperture sights would suit me at all.
    WHY? a set of proper shooting glasses or a correction lens fitted in the sights eyepiece can make a huge difference to the quality of enjoyment. I have a couple of PH sighted rifles and swop an eyepiece between them. My optician charges me about £25 to supply a fitted prescription lens.

I also have 2 pairs of Knobloch spectacles. 1 for pistol , 1 for rifle. The Varga ones are just as good and they do make a big difference, especially for pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    WHY? a set of proper shooting glasses or a correction lens fitted in the sights eyepiece can make a huge difference to the quality of enjoyment. I have a couple of PH sighted rifles and swop an eyepiece between them. My optician charges me about £25 to supply a fitted prescription lens.

I also have 2 pairs of Knobloch spectacles. 1 for pistol , 1 for rifle. The Varga ones are just as good and they do make a big difference, especially for pistol.
    Thanks for that, didn't know you could do that re eyepiece in PH sights. All my rifles have teles - apart from the early Webleys/Sporter/Diana.
    Usually wear varifocals nowadays.

ATB

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.