Thread: My permission letters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

used to be a wedding shooter..

Hi all,

These are really useful cheers great forum btw way..

is it normal to offer services for free? i know i need permission slips to satify the law / questions fair enough, i also am happy to get a few rabbits and woodys for the pot. But if i'm providing a pest control service i'd expect somthing in return.

I used to shoot wedding (photography) then people starting shootong them for less then 500 quid and even for free - it near crippled the industry sector. Wouldn't it be better to charge per pelt as it were? or is there more hassle and laws to contend with?

Great thread - learned a lot thanks

Something in return

Quote Originally Posted by Kaya View Post
    Hi all,

These are really useful cheers great forum btw way..

is it normal to offer services for free? i know i need permission slips to satify the law / questions fair enough, i also am happy to get a few rabbits and woodys for the pot. But if i'm providing a pest control service i'd expect somthing in return.
    I used to shoot wedding (photography) then people starting shootong them for less then 500 quid and even for free - it near crippled the industry sector. Wouldn't it be better to charge per pelt as it were? or is there more hassle and laws to contend with?

Great thread - learned a lot thanks
    Hi Kaya,
    You Do get something in return
    You get All you Shoot to take home and eat, give to others or sell to butchers
    You get permission to go on land beloning to others free of charge to do your shooting without being bothered by others and all the enjoyment from this,
    you also need Insurance incase of any damage/injury to protect you, the public and the farmer/land owner,
    if you try charging you will have to declare it as an extra income,
    Permissions will be few and far between but someone may pay you-Who knows?
    this is just a quick answer but i'm sure someone else will let you know more,
    atb,
    Les
    Rapid mk2 in 22cal, Oiled Walnut CS700 Thumbhole Stock, Scalloped Block, MK4 Trigger, Quick Fill,Fast Flowed 400cc Btl, 16" Barrel, Reflex AWT Silencer MFR .177 Hawke Vamint 2.5-10x44 - Needs 2nd Magazine Yet

Hi Les,

Fair play, i'm not disagreeing with the system, just wondered how it all added up. I thought there be a few valid reasons, it's just that personally i'd just use a straight permissions slip. i wouldn't want to offer "pest control" per se - i'd probablly just end up shooting cockroaches (although nice fried with a dab of brandy butter i believe!!) i'd rather choose my quarry lol

Oblivious if someone was kind enough to let one there land and they asked me for a hand with some rats / squirrels etc i'd gladly oblige.

I posted 6 copies of this letter off yesterday evening. Just local farms for now so I will see if I get any replies. If not, I shall have to widen my search!

Thanks for the template Jackel.

PeteB is offline Personally, I don't trust any bloke that makes me feel stiff in the morning
    Calne, Wiltshire. (not far enough from Calais)
    I posted this on another section, but I will say it again here,

Thanks Carl (Jackel). Your shooting permission letter secured me a shoot a few weeks ago.

I actually emailed a copy to the estate manager The wonders of modern technology eh!
    I plink, therefore I am.

A bit too long - needs to be cut down.

atb
    Stan.
    Stan

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    Quote Originally Posted by AirgunStan View Post
    A bit too long - needs to be cut down.

atb
    Stan.
    These are only a guide to help you write your own
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE

Thanks, this will be very useful ... but does anyone know how I could find out who owns what land without spending a fortune (some internet sites will tell you who owns a field for something in the range of £50!!)