Thread: What airgun do you really want but are putting off acquiring ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have always lusted after a Theoben Slr88 and could have bought one for£450 a few years back, but after owning a Fenman and not being impressed with it(crap trigger and power drop) as put me off of getting one.Saying that I had a go with some of (Transporter) Ray's lovely gas Rams rifles and will probably get a Sirocco or countryman if a nice one comes along.
    Les..

Parker Hale / Pax Phoenix- Always fancied the looks. In reality I've not snapped at a couple that have been for sale. That boat may well have sailed now.
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    Parker Hale / Pax Phoenix- Always fancied the looks. In reality I've not snapped at a couple that have been for sale. That boat may well have sailed now.
    Not so, my son recently bought a .177 Phoenix mk2 £400 it had issues but an easy fix really, the squirt of oil on the bottle valve did not work, turned out the valve head face had a few very small bits of metal embedded in it causing air to leek out the barrel also someone had had it in bits and lost some of them. I ordered the bits off pax and the gun is sound now only cost £25, so £425 for his gun which is in very good condition actually, mine cost £840 (extra mag) and i must say it is a great gun i tend to pick that above many others when i feel like taking one out, can't understand why they loose their value and are not more popular? I could still get what i paid for my HW100 no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by buttloaves View Post
    Not so, my son recently bought a .177 Phoenix mk2 £400 it had issues but an easy fix really, the squirt of oil on the bottle valve did not work, turned out the valve head face had a few very small bits of metal embedded in it causing air to leek out the barrel also someone had had it in bits and lost some of them. I ordered the bits off pax and the gun is sound now only cost £25, so £425 for his gun which is in very good condition actually, mine cost £840 (extra mag) and i must say it is a great gun i tend to pick that above many others when i feel like taking one out, can't understand why they loose their value and are not more popular? I could still get what i paid for my HW100 no problem.
    I meant the boat has sailed with me not the rifle. I just probably do't fancy one as much as I think I do .
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    I have always lusted after a Theoben Slr88 and could have bought one for£450 a few years back, but after owning a Fenman and not being impressed with it(crap trigger and power drop) as put me off of getting one.Saying that I had a go with some of (Transporter) Ray's lovely gas Rams rifles and will probably get a Sirocco or countryman if a nice one comes along.
    Les..
    SLR88 Ultra-carbine. They only made about twenty, I think, and they are bloody expensive when, once a decade, they come up for sale. Would also really like a first production model Sirocco.

But that's not so much putting off as having demand but no supply.

I have fancied an AK replica, but £250-400 (latter for the Yunkers, these days) seems silly money for what is basically an adult toy. I wish they'd import the Crosman Comrade so I could scratch that itch for less. I also like the Crosman look-alike of the FN SCAR-L, which is mechanically a 760, but sells here for well over a ton. Which is crackers. It's a cheap plastic BB gun.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Les..
    A great air rifle Les !
    I once had the chance of a left handed Imperator, actually had it in my hands but declined to buy it, WHY ?
    I had just shelled out on a Fenman and a HW 80 previous so I was watching the pennies at the time !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    A great air rifle Les !
    I once had the chance of a left handed Imperator, actually had it in my hands but declined to buy it, WHY ?
    I had just shelled out on a Fenman and a HW 80 previous so I was watching the pennies at the time !
    Yeah I now what your saying, I had just spent my (Airgun fund money ) on a AA Pro/elite and the Slr88 came up for sale..
    Les..

Theoben

Ive toyed with getting a .25 rapid just because its a calibre Ive never had in pcp, I had a Hatsan striker and it was great fun. I just cant justify the cost at present but I just know it will happen, also been thinking about a HW30 .22 but the knocking HW QC have been getting is turning me towards another Hatsan

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

For some reason I have an itch for a HW80 in K format. I have a number of other HW's including a 95 which, if I'm honest, seems totally manageable given my age and build.

It's just that a few, (many), years ago a mate had one and it was superb but heavy, we had long and narrow shoots back then so long walks were the order of the day but where I am now there's more opportunity to stalk, hide, ambush and rest. I have to admit that i have removed the silencer from my 95 and fitted a BSA Scorpion muzzle brake to protect the thread, for some reason it's made the gun more pointable and less wieldly and if I were to get an 80 I'd likely do the same, I don't find the noise to be a problem as I dont chase multiple bags.

Should I ignore or scratch the itch? If i were to get a slot on my FAC what are they like running a tad "hotter"?