Thread: HW45 Some claims!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    The engineering is excellent, my HW45 in .22 is over 20 Years old, still delivers 5.5ft/lbs and with just an occasional drop of oil I fully expect it to last as long again.
    Mine is alloy but it's die cast Aluminium, not Zinc alloy and the black finish on mine is a chemical surface treatment which is impervious to solvents and has held up very well to 20+ years of wear & tear ;-)
    The Beeman Version (Beeman designed it, Weirauch Didn't) review was probably of an early model, when the P1/HW45 was first released (when I bought mine) .177 was dual power only, .22 was full power only.
    At a certain point all moved to dual power, I'm guessing it simplified production to do all the internals the same.
    The HW75 is a Single Stroke Pneumatic, a good 75 delivers less than half the power of a 45, the 75 is recoilless though, so it's easier to shoot accurately without practice and is better for target use. Having said that although it's a very sweet gun the lack of a palm shelf roles the 75 out for serious 10m shooters,
    Get Both ;-)

- Nick
    This! Plus bear in mind, a HW45 takes a lot of practice to shoot well, a HW75 is nice but is not a match pistol, neither is a power house, HW40 has match quality trigger but no match grip, my opinion? Buy HW40,
    John.
    ok, I admit it, I've got a problem.
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.uk/[url]

Quote Originally Posted by 1shot1kill View Post
    This! Plus bear in mind, a HW45 takes a lot of practice to shoot well, a HW75 is nice but is not a match pistol, neither is a power house, HW40 has match quality trigger but no match grip, my opinion? Buy HW40,
    John.
    The 40 is indeed nice, and great value but, while the trigger is good, it is not match quality. The 40 gives you about 90% of the performance of a good Gamo Compact or FAS604/6004 at half or a third of the price.

The 75 is odd. A sort of pseudo-match pistol that isn't.

Pistols that are hard to shoot well help you shoot better. My current example is a BSA Scorpion. But I have a 45 on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    The 40 is indeed nice, and great value but, while the trigger is good, it is not match quality. The 40 gives you about 90% of the performance of a good Gamo Compact or FAS604/6004 at half or a third of the price.

The 75 is odd. A sort of pseudo-match pistol that isn't.

Pistols that are hard to shoot well help you shoot better. My current example is a BSA Scorpion. But I have a 45 on the way.
    ahh...dont do it ...send it back.