Thread: Results : MPL Spring/Summer 2018 Competitions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bob,

I have edited the Results post, with 'Supported' replacing 'Rested'.

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Bob,

I have edited the Results post, with 'Supported' replacing 'Rested'.

Best regards

Russ
    Thanks Russ,

Very kind of you - anything that may help to promote this "new to the UK" branch of our sport is appreciated!

Enjoy your weekend!

Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Hello to All,

Scores updated Wednesday, 20180404.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Thanks for the update Russ.

We are going to have a go at MPL rifle next Tuesday and see how we get on!

My mint Webley Mk3 Supertarget has not been shot since its new spring and service some time ago, so I may just give it the long overdue exercise it needs.

Bob,

Excellent choice for an MPL rifle

Best regards

Russ

Thanks Russ,

I am also taking my HW55T down to the club with me tonight and will decide what to use then (maybe both!).

Last week I took my Walther LGM-2 down to the range to get it set up for 6 yard shooting.

When I bought this rifle it had the old style LGR diopter on it, but I saw that somebody on here was looking for a set of sights for an LGR so I took this sight off and fitted a 'Swis Made Elite 201" onto the rifle instead and it looks really trick! I have had this old sight hanging around without a use for years (and always liked the look of it) so this was the perfect excuse to get it fitted onto something and to put it to use.

The rifle shoots great at 10 meters but when I tried to get it adjusted down to 6 yards I had no luck with the front raiser block fitted, and no luck with it removed either as I run out of movement at both ends of the Elite 201's height adjustment range so I failed and went home with no result!

Tonight I will be going back with various front raiser options to test until I find something that will put the sight somewhere within the middle of the Elite 201's adjustment range and centred on a 6 yard target.

This could be a long process (or I could get lucky and get it right first time ) but hopefully by the end of the evening I will have it set up so I can start practicing and try to get a result that will not embarrass me too much alongside Bart49's excellent Original Model 75HV that he seems to have dialled-in very nicely!

We both need to get some MPL target's shot fairly soon so we can get started and catch-up before we run out of time for this current season - in truth we have really enjoyed the 6 yard Supported Air Rifle shooting and we know that once we get started with the regular free standing rifle shooting we wont have too much trouble in catching-up!
    Last edited by zooma; 24-04-2018 at 03:24 PM.

Hello to All,

Many apologies for the delay in updating the scores

Scores updated Saturday, 20180428.

Best regards

Russ