Thread: Mr consistency

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Davy3211,

I have an HW95 Super Match (HW95 action in an HW98 stock), and the HW98 barrel makes the rifle very front heavy.

For me, it was too front heavy, so I bored a hole in the butt and weighted it with lead, and added sheet lead under the adjustable cheek-piece so the balance point is ca. 3 inches from the trigger guard.

For me, the rifle balances and shots very much better with these weights - the rifle now weighs in at 4.6 kg (just over 10 lb.).

However, some chappies really like the front-heavy balance of the HW98

Have fun & a good Sunday,

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Davy3211,

I have an HW95 Super Match (HW95 action in an HW98 stock), and the HW98 barrel makes the rifle very front heavy.

For me, it was too front heavy, so I bored a hole in the butt and weighted it with lead, and added sheet lead under the adjustable cheek-piece so the balance point is ca. 3 inches from the trigger guard.

For me, the rifle balances and shots very much better with these weights - the rifle now weighs in at 4.6 kg (just over 10 lb.).

However, some chappies really like the front-heavy balance of the HW98

Have fun & a good Sunday,

Best regards

Russ
    If it is too front heavy I may have to add the laminate stock to even it out a little, it's just another one of my project to keep me busy