Thread: hawk

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    I've yet to be convinced about the overall "durability issue" using a Hawke scope on a spring air rifle !

To be honest, my experiances with several of the earlier Hawke models was poor ie, one didnt hold zero, another lost focus on the eyebell after a shot and another did not have adequate turret adjustment ! I was not impressed with the build quality either.

However, after visiting their stands at recent Shows and Events, I'm prepared to give them another chance.

I see they state that some of their current range are "spring gun rated" or "all calibre rated", but is this claim true ?

I wonder which of the range would repeatedly stand up to the double recoil of a spring or gas ram air rifle be it tuned or otherwise lets say or to be even more critical an FAC air rifle ?
    The returning of the barrel after cocking can also be very harsh, I use a pair of Fenmans which are savage in this respect and "slam up" with quite a jolt !

Currently I use several Bushnell and older Simmons scopes on my springers and rammers and they are fine BUT how would the latest Hawke's perform ?
    Last edited by Blackrider; 18-02-2017 at 12:14 PM.
    “An airgun or two”………