Swaro always make great scopes. £240 was no small sum in 1985. A 4x Is quite forgiving at the shorter distances but would be even better if parallaxed to say 35m. To get the best for both air rifle and rimfire then it is best even for fixed to have hem parallaxed down closer to their practical expected use range.

Some fixed scopes sometimes just were done right and gave a fantastic "jump" picture at every range. Those are the scopes I look out for and keep. Same with variable, some are just "better".

Leupold made excellent scopes in the 80's and 90's.

We are again seeing some "better" scopes now too. Even the odd Chinese made ones. There are stand out scopes in every pocket ramge now. I shy away from the ones rying too hard with too much magnification, and often go for the model one down in the range as they aren't being overly taxed in their design package. The 4-24 rather than 6-30. I don't think a 1" tube can handle x24 mag unless two foot long! Much happier at x14 or 16 in normal length scopes. Big magnification is asking a lot from the glass and best if given the real estate that 30 or 34 tubes allow.

anyhow still can't see the scope in question.