Thread: MPL 2019 Spring/Summer Postal Competition.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Not anywhere as good with a pistol as i was, 2 handed i'm still not bad, but a left master shoulder injury has taken its toll on single handed shooting i'm afraid, good news is Mrs RTD wants to have a try, if she likes it i will pay her subs as well.

Don't want to encourage her leaving the kitchen to often though.....

Quote Originally Posted by robthedog View Post
    Not anywhere as good with a pistol as i was, 2 handed i'm still not bad, but a left master shoulder injury has taken its toll on single handed shooting i'm afraid, good news is Mrs RTD wants to have a try, if she likes it i will pay her subs as well.

Don't want to encourage her leaving the kitchen to often though.....
    My pistol shooting is pretty hopeless these days too (similar reasons with damaged neck/shoulder/back etc) but I may still have a go this season - just to get some use our of my old pistols.

If you put the pellet trap in the kitchen you could get Mrs RTD to shoot her targets in there !
    Last edited by zooma; 14-01-2019 at 11:35 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Targets arrived yesterday, sadly though, i have damaged my left front deltoid, so can't hold a rifle at the moment, so no shooting for me !

Targets arrived yesterday, sadly though, i have damaged my left front deltoid, so can't hold a rifle at the moment, so no shooting for me !
    Sorry to hear that Rob - let's hope you recover from your injury as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Bob.

Many thanks, yep self employed so no work no money

Many thanks, yep self employed so no work no money
    I know what that feels like so you have my sympathy.

Take it steady.

Bob.

Autumn/Winter 2018 MPL competition is now CLOSED.

The previous MPL competition that ran from June - December 2018 is now closed.

The closing date for late entries for this competition had been announced as January 31st (as previously posted on the relevant thread) and some really good efforts have been made by some (who were running late) to make sure they achieved this deadline - despite the snow and freezing conditions.

We have had some heavy snow here in the Rossendale Valley and some really low temperatures that have made the (mostly un-gritted) roads treacherous, but despite that three of our club members made the drive to the club last night so they could complete their MPL Supported Air Rifle compettion targets on time (but only just!).

It was -4 degrees last night when I left to go to the club in my MINI and it was so slippery that it was not easy to stand or walk on the ice (especially if you were on a slope or a hill) but we all made it OK and everyone completed their MPL Supported Air Rifle targets using the clubs 6 yard range and 50mm hard steel support bars.

The last shot of the Autumn/Winter 2018 competition was probably taken by Ray (SoftTop) who completed his targets just before 10pm last night - just 2 hours before the announced closing date! True to his name - he drove to the club in his soft top Fiat roadster - must have been a cold journey!

Good effort and thanks to everyone who supported the previous series, but now we can turn our attention towards our new current Spring/Summer 2019 MPL competition (and better weather!) and we look forward to seeing what new MPL rifles and pistols appear this season.
    Last edited by zooma; 01-02-2019 at 02:37 PM.