Nope not always,

Ok for example how many MTC Vipers are in the secondhand section? Quite a few come up. Airgun reviews come up, optics reviews on here etc and buy it as a hunting scope. Why? Because they think they are getting quality optics for their money. BUT its not the best hunting scope on a sub 12 air rifle full stop. Its a target scope.

I've seen plenty that have bought an air gun from a shop with only shouldering the rifle inside the shop and never firing a shot through it. Out it goes as secondhand a little while later cos they can't get on with it and buy a second hand S410.

NV... another fine example of people spending money at sub 12 and stupid amounts when a lamp would do a great job for x10 less.

Boys and their toys, maybe? Lead to believe that buying the "best" would be the way to go.......

and out of interest are Bushnell making a 5-15x44 now

I had the 5-15x40 and still see it as one of the best optical scopes I have used for the money.

Just wondering if the new model is better?

In my job never doubt the stupidity of the general public and not all airgun owners are actually as knowledgeable as the size of their wallets

and the example I give is the one I have made. MTC Mamba lite vs Viper to go ratting with.