Thread: PMII Schmidt&Bender

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Upper Buggersdale, top of the Chevin near Leeds
    Quote Originally Posted by Jochen L. View Post
    Definitely not, but it wont foul you by showing the wrong ranges ( as far as can say it after 2 month of use ) or having the crosshair on the wrong point. Just a near to perfect tool that makes you able to do your job proper.

But at least the best tool is only trumpery in a dump fools hand, as there is a saying over here. It depends on the shoot if he hits or miss. And this is the reason I want it, for I don't want to worry if it was me or the scope any longer.

To the reticule, there will be one that is designed by one of the BFTA- topshoots. The arguments for every mark on it are well & reasonable and showing the experience of its designer. I'm not sure if I may say more.

I'll use that reticule from the next year on, hoping that this is the next step to make it perfect.

As far as I know it shall be released in early spring,
    Might be it takes a little bit longer for there where some minor difficulties on that ones having the reticule on the second focal plane, and there are some shoots that want to have this, in fact the majority over here.
    I'm tiered to argue against that, for you can have both as you like it, so every fool to its own ( another saying )

Cheers Jochen

PS

It should be mentioned that we got one of the brightest moons I saw this year.
    Not in my garden it was not.
    Anyway if the new 50 is as good as you say I might even buy one, but after all a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.
    I should be carefull with your german sayings, they may not translate in the way you intend. I'm presuming that you did not intend to be insulting?

Quote Originally Posted by luddite View Post
    ....... I'm presuming that you did not intend to be insulting?
    Of course not. Sorry if it did annoy anybody

The only thing I've tried to say that you cant buy a hit.

The only thing you can buy is a more accurate tool, but the result depends on every ones own ability to use it.

That obviously contradiction between your nick and your love to technical high-end products is always tempting

Jochen
    Last edited by Jochen L.; 08-12-2006 at 07:43 PM.
    Indeed she said tie me up and do what ever you like and so I did. I tied her to the bed and went out fishing

Glad someone else shares my opinion of the s&b...i dont know if it's rose tinted glasses, but the more i think about the short time afforded to me by Jon with it the more i think they will have a customer or 2 here.

Jochen, have they spoken to you about a pre-order scheme?

Quote Originally Posted by rfarn View Post
    Jochen, have they spoken to you about a pre-order scheme?
    No and I've also no idea on what way they will sell it in the UK.

But I'll ask for that information & keep you informed.

Cheers Jochen
    Indeed she said tie me up and do what ever you like and so I did. I tied her to the bed and went out fishing

cool, ta

Upper Buggersdale, top of the Chevin near Leeds
    I would probably hit more targets if I stuck with just one scope Jocken. But I love shooting and love gadgets. I have tried almost every scope available on the British market, and a few that aren't, and the S+B 5-25x56 is the best for FT amongst them. If the new 50x is significantly better than that I will be pleasantly surprised.

hello,
    any internet german shop where I can buy one of the S&B scopes the next spring?
    i think first focal plane will be better but i dont know if the reticle will be very huge to make fine shoots.whats your opinion?
    thanks
    ger

xbow is offline "Right a bit, left a bit............"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jochen L. View Post
    No and I've also no idea on what way they will sell it in the UK.

But I'll ask for that information & keep you informed.

Cheers Jochen
    Yes, please let us know where it will be available in Germany Jochen as I suspect it will be cheaper for us to import one than buy from a UK shop!
    We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
    Rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer.

If I don’t reply to your comments it’s probably because you’re on my Ignore list.

price

how much is that S&B model sold for in the UK? i have spoken to people who own one on their long range precision rifles and they vouch for it. the adjustments are very repeatable and distinct clicks can be heard each time you dial in. the colour coded revolution counter is realy helpful and a total plus. 100 MOA of travel in elevation makes it a superb long range tool on a tack driver rifle. i have seen the box test done with the scope and i have to say its impressive-this was testing the repeatability of the adjustments and also the exact value for each click. the P4 reticle is a very nice feature too and very useful in the right hands.

please, what is the P4 reticle? how is it?

here is the link i was looking for:
    http://www.tacproshootingcenter.com/...le_5-25x56.pdf

luddite,this is the new reticle you talk about in past posts?
    thanks in advance
    Last edited by ger_043; 30-12-2006 at 09:31 AM.