Thread: New airgun & archery club moreton in marsh gloc.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    How does a cat affect membership?
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    How does a cat affect membership?
    Black Cat HFT club in Sevenhampton - it's just a couple of miles from my door 👍

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    Black Cat HFT club in Sevenhampton - it's just a couple of miles from my door 👍
    Ah ok. Understand now not heard of them

I'd say most target rifles of whatever discipline won't be moderated. But then they really don't generate much noise, certainly not if you consider the sound of hitting steel plate.

Good luck with it.

Here's an idea of clubs around you...

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...815918&t=h&z=6

Nothing wrong with running it as a benevolent dictatorship, that's often the way to get things done. However it may limit your opportunities for grant funding if ever you wished to seek some; funders prefer to see member involvement and some kind of elected committee.

I like the bit in red, where you tie range duty and maintenance to continued membership. If that pans out well for you then expect to be overwhelmed with requests for your methods.

Best wishes with the project. Walking a similar path nearly twenty years ago I found was very fulfilling.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

To be honest... been in an elected club for many years and fed up with the back biting and the slow decision making process. It not a dictatorship. As I said opinions will be listened to and actioned if appropriate to the well being and future of the club. Its in my interest to make it work and vibrant... an aspect often missing from traditional member/committee type clubs.

I am not really interested in funding. It needs to be able to run itself and if funding is at a cost or expectation then other options will be developed first but not to exclusion.

I have many years of tradional members clubs. I know the pros and the cons and for me, there are far to many cons.

But its a free country. Anyone wanting to set up a trad member/committee driven club, they are more than welcome to do it...

Hello

I am new here and based in Banbury. I am looking for a Club that would allow a range of Air disciplines as well as HFT - I have tried it but am keen to get more experience befor dibing in to a full HFT Club.

Is this Club referred to stil a potential entity ?

If not - I would welcome any recomedations as to where to look for what I am after.

I dont mind travelling a while for the right place. Likewise - any experiences of local ranges would be useful.

Have only just moved to the area and am essentially a Townie - that is looking to grow and develop in this field of the sport.

Many thanks in advance
    Dave