Thread: Struggling to like my BSA Stutzen

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Try the Sportsmatch mount with the extended rear, it suits Airsporters and Mercurys especially. I think it's the OP12C but not certain ?
    I use one of these with a period Japanese 4x32 Tasco on my RB2 .22 Stutzen and I like it !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Try the Sportsmatch mount with the extended rear, it suits Airsporters and Mercurys especially. I think it's the OP12C but not certain ?
    I use one of these with a period Japanese 4x32 Tasco on my RB2 .22 Stutzen and I like it !
    Similar set up on my Mk5, with the Sportsmatch mount and a period Bushnell 6x32.

Knibbs appears to sell the rear sight (which I think is a Williams of some kind). Or you could use a Williams receiver sight.

Isn't the front sight the standard Airsporter/Scorpion/Mercury/etc one? That shouldn't be hard to track down.

Knibbs are out of stock on the rearsight, if anyone has any leads on one, please let me know, I will give it a go open sighted.

Cheers!
    Thanks - Geoff.

Try Protek,

http://www.proteksupplies.co.uk

best phone them to see what they have,

ATB

Lee

This is how the scope on my Stutzen RB2 is mounted. I don't know who adapted this mount but I have a spare!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jez810h5ym...scope.jpg?dl=0

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by distantcamera View Post
    This is how the scope on my Stutzen RB2 is mounted. I don't know who adapted this mount but I have a spare!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jez810h5ym...scope.jpg?dl=0
    Yep, Someone ground the rear part to make it reachback instead of a standard one piece!!

I recently bough a steel Apel reachback mount for one of my Airsporters or Mercury, Still haven't gotten round to fitting it yet so can't include a pic..

The Raised Maxi grip rails on the Stutzen, Superstar and certain other Beesas are actually a 14mm mount, I had two Lightnings and both came with the wrong mounts as they were standard and I couldn't adjust the windage enough (T'was fully 5" wide to the right with full left adjustment!!)

Found a pic of the Apel but not fitted to a gun!

I bought these mounts some years ago that were made in Ozzie land, They can be centred for windage but aren't reachback so don't really help much

I actually bought a reach back two piece Sportsmatch mount set a few weeks ago, Can't remember what I did with it, Looked through my pics and it doesn't seem to be on any of my guns

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Just a thought, and please correct me if I am on the wrong track, but how about a long eye relief scope. I bought a Burris Timberline on this site and was amazed at the length of eye relief. There must be scopes out there that will fit the bill