Thread: whats your reloading techniques?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    tank

im into hunting and the only targets i do is zeroing! but saying that id like the best i can get with the stuff i use/own just for peace of mind and for personal satsfication
    sorted

Pilch is offline Yes, I'd say I'm fairly attractive...
    Theo,

Firstly, plenty of good advice been posted, I can't add anything else

Secondly, the quad is going great and my lad is tearing up the field behind us

Lol excellent great to hear I'm glad he is enjoying it.
    sorted

Tank is offline Fat things go slowly up hills
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmi View Post
    tank

im into hunting and the only targets i do is zeroing! but saying that id like the best i can get with the stuff i use/own just for peace of mind and for personal satsfication
    19mm for a 5 shot group is pretty good mate. I know what you mean and i think the majority of us are the same but it can get too in depth sometimes in respect of reloading. It's a mini hobbie in itself!!
    'What is the most frustrating thing about Police work?',(Commandant Lassard)
    'Not being able to carry hand grenades Sir',(Tackleberry).

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    19mm for a 5 shot group is pretty good mate. I know what you mean and i think the majority of us are the same but it can get too in depth sometimes in respect of reloading. It's a mini hobbie in itself!!
    And the 2 shots you put away were probably down to inconsistent position rather than load.

Put my Comp rifle in a clamp and it will shoot single holers, I have the test and chrono targets to prove it on its being test fired with factory RUAG...buggered if I can do that too often
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

i thought about clamping but heard it damages centre fires ????
    sorted

Quote Originally Posted by thesmi View Post
    i thought about clamping but heard it damages centre fires ????
    Probably would, and wont prove much as the POI clamped and when you are shooting would as likely be different.

Mine was done by its maker who does ballistic testing for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Parabuteo View Post
    Probably would, and wont prove much as the POI clamped and when you are shooting would as likely be different.

Mine was done by its maker who does ballistic testing for a living.
    Chasing that one hole can be a little pointless at the end of it....... Similarly, I know both of mine can now achieve something close to this prone and butt rested on a beanie........ Yet I do shoot practically all the time off quad sticks.

There comes a point the paper has to be put to one side unless its target comp work, then that doesn't matter either as you won't be able to clamp it then either.

Quote Originally Posted by SandyB View Post
    Chasing that one hole can be a little pointless at the end of it....... Similarly, I know both of mine can now achieve something close to this prone and butt rested on a beanie........ Yet I do shoot practically all the time off quad sticks.

There comes a point the paper has to be put to one side unless its target comp work, then that doesn't matter either as you won't be able to clamp it then either.
    Aye, best way is to only shoot one bullet and lie about the whereabouts of the other 4

That said, it always makes sense to try and achieve the smallest groupd size you can and best consistancy within reason.

You need a way of gauging your performance and the condition of the bore/loading technique.

And at long ranges even very tight groups at normal ranges can go horribly wrong