Thread: Rossendale Model Target Club

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    So Rossendale has now gone international in scope..... .......
    Yup - first Chorley, and now Serbia!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Yup - first Chorley, and now Serbia!

BTW do you want your name on your soon to be finished posh gun stand? Dennis will burn it into the base (a nice piece of spruce) before he varnishes it if you like.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post

BTW do you want your name on your soon to be finished posh gun stand? Dennis will burn it into the base (a nice piece of spruce) before he varnishes it if you like.
    Ross Mod Target Club would be nice please!.bit long maybe?

The Rossendale Club will be shooting the new Springer Pistol Competition shortly ( see BBS thread) and would welcome any local pistol shooters that would like to have a go.

We are also planning a friendly match series based on these rules against Rivington Riflemen, so it should be good fun.

I recently became a member of Rossendale M.T.C. after my first visit where I was made to be very welcomed amongst the group of friendly pistol enthusiasts. It made a great change and culture shock from the 'Star Wars Bar' at Rivington.

Bob is working hard at formulating the rules for an inter club pistol competition were the emphasis will be on fun while introducing some people, who wouldn't normally bother with 'serious' competition (like me ) and at the same time promoting the sport of air pistol shooting.

Who will I be shooting for? Ross M.T.C. of course because I like being on the winning side.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I recently became a member of Rossendale M.T.C. after my first visit where I was made to be very welcomed amongst the group of friendly pistol enthusiasts. It made a great change and culture shock from the 'Star Wars Bar' at Rivington.

Bob is working hard at formulating the rules for an inter club pistol competition were the emphasis will be on fun while introducing some people, who wouldn't normally bother with 'serious' competition (like me ) and at the same time promoting the sport of air pistol shooting.

Who will I be shooting for? Ross M.T.C. of course because I like being on the winning side.

ATB
    Ian
    Ian.

I will make sure a copy of this post is pinned on Rivi's notice board this evening.!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nocity View Post
    Ian.

I will make sure a copy of this post is pinned on Rivi's notice board this evening.!!
    Thats O.K. John as most of our members cant read especially if its put on the notice board!

Anyone who can pry that BSA Centenary out of your hands must be a winner.

See you later.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Nocity View Post
    Ian.

That should go down well and "spring" some interest in the competition!

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post

ATB
    Ian
    Flattery and grovelling won't get you any extra benefits Ian

ATB

Mike
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Nice site Bob, very interesting reading.

Which part of Rossendale is the club in?

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Hi Phil,

Rossendale MTC is very easy to find from Bury as you will enter Rawtenstall from the M66 and take the Burnley exit from the roundabout. You will see the large ASDA store on your left after about a hundred yards or so.

If you were to park in the ASDA carpark and look back across the Burnley Road you will have parked your car more or less dead opposite RMTC that currently shoots 10 meter pistol in the cellar under the church hall behind Rossendale Models model shop and the last Temperence Bar in the UK "Fitzpatrics".

We shoot from 7pm to 10 pm on Tuesday and Thursday and you would be welcome to come along to see us anytime.

ATB - Bob.